|Assoc Prof Yeo Chuan Seng, Victor |
Head, Division of Business Law
Division of Business Law
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5657/6423
- LLM University of Melbourne 1996
- LLB(Hons) National University of Singapore 1989
|Victor C S Yeo is currently Associate Professor in the Division of Business Law, Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. He joined the University in 1992 after spending several years in private legal practice doing general commercial and corporate litigation at a leading law firm, with which he is presently still associated. His past portfolios at the University include being the Head of the Division of Business Law and the Director of the MBA (Business Law) programme.
Victor teaches in the University’s undergraduate and MBA programmes focusing on corporate law, corporate governances and securities regulation and is presently also an external examiner for company law and corporate governance for the ICPAS’s Professional Certification Programme. He is also actively involved in continuing professional education and development and is a member of the professional development and education committees of the Singapore Institute of Directors and the continuing legal education sub-committee of the Singapore Academy of Law. He was also the principal consultant for the design of the foundation module in the Singapore Institute of Directors’ Company Directors Course and was its principal facilitator from the module’s inception in 1999 to 2006. He has also designed and conducted numerous other training programmes for directors and corporate executives from professional bodies such as the Association of Internal Auditors, the Singapore Association of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators and the Singapore Accountancy Academy; public sector bodies such as A*STAR, MAS, NCSS and SNCF; and various private and publicly listed companies.
|Victor's research interests are in the areas of corporate law, corporate governance and securities regulation.
His publications include the co-authoring of several books relating to corporate law and governance and papers in both academic and professional journals in this field. In addition, he has also been invited to contribute country papers to initiatives such as the OECD Asian Roundtable on Corporate Governance and has given presentations at seminars and conferences on the subject.
- Victor C S Yeo, Lee Suet Lin, Joyce, Pamela Hanrahan, Ian Ramsay, Geof Stapeldon,. (2011). Commercial Applications of Company Law in Singapore (4th ed)..
- Victor C. S. Yeo. (2010). The Impact Of Legislative Changes On Articles Of Association And The Issue Of Shares,. Singapore Academy of Law Journal, .
- Victor Yeo, Joyce Lee, Pamela Hanharan, Ian Ramsay & George Stapledon. (2008). Commercial Applications of Company Law in Singapore (3rd edition). CCH Asia.
- Victor C S Yeo. (2007). Creditors and the Principle of Reflective Loss. Singapore Academy of Law Journal, 10, 385-396.
- Victor C S Yeo. (2006). Singapore Institute of Directors Statement of Good Practice No 6 - Tenure and Termination of Board Appointments.