|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Soh Wai Lin, Christina
Deputy Associate Provost (Faculty Affairs), President's Office
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6592 7725
- PhD University of California, Los Angeles 1991
- BAcc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1981
|Christina Soh is Head of the Division of Information Technology & Operations Management at Nanyang Business School, NTU. She received her Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons)degree from the National University of Singapore, and her PhD in Management from the Unversity of California, Los Angeles.|
Her past appointments include head of the division from 1998 to 2004, Director of the Information Management Research Center, Associate Dean for the undergraduate programme. She currently serves on the NTU’s President’s Advisory Board and was also a member of the first Senate Steering Committee.
Her areas of research include IT and strategic capabilities, management of IT in multinational corporations, Enterprise Systems, and management of complex, large-scale projects. Her research is built on fieldwork with major private and public sector organizations and synthesizes theory and practice. Her work has been published in leading journals and conferences. She has won the best paper award from the European Journal of Information Systems and Knowledge Management Research and Practice (2008) for her work in assessing and addressing misalignments in Enterprise Systems. She is Senior Editor at the Journal of Strategic Information Systems and MIS Quarterly Executive.
Her teaching interests are cross-disciplinary. She was involved in the design of NTU’s double degree in Business and Computing, and the Renaissance Engineering Program. She is currently co-teaching a new course in strategic technology innovation management in the MBA program. She also interacts with executive audiences on the strategic management of IT for international growth.
Internationally, she has served as co-chair or faculty mentor at doctoral consortiums and faculty development workshops at the International Conferences of Information Systems, OCIS Division of the Academy of Management, and Pacific Conference of Information Systems. She was made a Fellow of the Association of Information Systems in 2013, and was also awarded the Nanyang Service Award in 2014.
|Prof. Soh's research interests include the business value of IT, national IT policy, and enterprise systems implementation. Her current interests include the management of global IT in multinational organizations, the strategic dynamics of IT-centric businesses such as electronic marketplaces, and the management of large, complex projects.|
- Integrated Care Capability in Regional Health System: Exercising Dynamic Capabilities in Network Organizations
- Sia Siew Kien, Peter Weill, Christina Soh. (2013). How Enterprises Exploit Five Digital Capabilities to Globalize. European Business Review, .
- Chua, Cecil, Lim Wee Kiat, Soh, Christina, and Sia, Siew Kien. (2012). Enacting Clan Control in Complex IT Projects. MIS Quarterly, 36(2), 577-600.
- Soh, Christina, Cecil Chua, and Harminder Singh. (2011). Managing Diverse Stakeholders in Enterprise Systems Projects: A Control Portfolio Approach. Journal of Information Technology, 26, 16-31.
- Christina Soh, Sia Siew Kien.(2009). The Challenges of Implementing ‘Vanilla’ Versions of Enterprise Systems. Strategic Information Management: Challenges and Strategies in Managing Information SystemsRoutledge.
- Boh, Wai Fong, Soh Wai Lin, Christina, Steven Yeo. (2007). Strategies for Successful Standards Development and Diffusion: A Case Study of RosettaNet. Communications of the ACM, 50(12), 57-62.