|Prof Wee Chow Hou |
Head, Division of Marketing and International Business
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5693
- PhD University of Western Ontario 1984
- MBA University of Western Ontario 1976
- BBA(Hons) University of Singapore 1974
|Professor Wee was a former Merit, Colombo Plan and Commonwealth Scholar, and winner of the Academy of Marketing Science (USA)1984 PhD Paper Award and the 1985 Doctoral Dissertation Award. One of his co-authored cases also won the 1999 Best Case Award in the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada. He has over 230 publications in various international, regional and local journals and proceedings; and is the author/senior author of several best-selling books. He is currently a member of the editorial board of the Thunderbird International Business Review (USA), Global Business and Organizational Excellence (USA), China Business Review (China) and Journal of Management (Taiwan). He has consulted/conducted executive training for over 250 major organizations in over 30 economies/countries, including Fortune 500 companies, and is best known for his works on applying Sun Zi Bingfa and other Chinese classics to modern business strategies and practices. He is regularly invited to speak at international conferences.
Professor Wee also sits on several boards of publicly listed companies in Singapore, and is also a member of various advisory boards locally and internationally.
|1. Applications of Chinese Classics into Modern Business Strategies and Practices.
2. Doing Business in China.
3. Marketing and Strategy-related topics.
- Chow-Hou Wee and Fred Combe. (2009). Business Journey to the East: An East-West Perspective on Global-is-Asian. McGraw-Hill.
- Wee Chow Hou. (2007, May ). Doing Business in China: Insights and Perspectives (One of four keynote addresses; the others were by Gary Hamel, Renee Mauborgne and Richard Boyatzis). Paper presented at Megakonferencja Get Inspired! 2007 Formularz Zgloszeniowy, 23 May 2007, Warsaw, Poland..
- Wee Chow Hou. (2005). Sun Zi Bingfa: Selected Insights and Applications to Business. Prentice-Hall.
- Wee Chow Hou. (2003). Sun Zi Art of War: An Illustrated Translation with Asian Perspectives and Insights. Prentice-Hall, Pearson Education.
- Wee Chow Hou, S. J. Tan, K. H. Cheok. (1995). Non-Price Determinants of Intention to Purchase Counterfeit Goods: An Exploratory Study. International Marketing Review, 12(6), 19-46.