|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Andrew Clive Grimsdale
School of Materials Science & Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6728
- PhD University of Auckland 1990
- MSc(Hons) University of Auckland 1984
- BSc University of Auckland 1983
|Asst.-Prof. Grimsdale is currently in the School of Materials Science and Engineering since Nov 2006. He received his Bachelors, Master and Ph.D. degrees in Chemistry from the University of Auckland, New Zealand in 1983, 1984 and 1990 respectively. His research interests include the synthesis of conjugated polymers for electronic applications, and supramolecular assembly of organic materials. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 70 top quality international journal papers. He has been often used as referee and reviewer for a number of premier journals, including Journal of the American Chemical Society, Macromolecules, Chemistry of Materials, Journal of Organic Chemistry, Journal of Physical Chemistry, Organic Letters, Angewandte Chemie, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Journal of Polymer Science (A): Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Bulletin, Synthetic Metals, and has acted as an external referee for PhD theses from foreign universities and for the CERG grants committee, Hong Kong and as a
judge of student projects for the Singapore Science and Engineering Fair.
Dr. Grimsdale is a member of the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute.
|Prof Grimsdale?s areas of expertise are the synthesis of conjugated polymers for electronic applications, particularly light-emitting diodes, solar cells and thin-film transistors. His current research works focus on the synthesis of materials for solar cells and transistors and on the supramolecular assembly of organic materials.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2014-)
- Biomimetic-Based Antifouling Coatings as a Route to Imporve Energy Efficiency of Ships and Port Structures
- CARBON NANOTUBE GRAFTING ON CARBON FIBRES TO IMPROVE INTERFACE STRENGTH OF COMPOSITES AND OTHER FUNCTIONAL APPLICATIONS
- Fundamental studies of solvated electron solutions using aromatic hydrocarbons
- High-Reliability, Long-life and Low-cost lithium Ion Batteries For Green Energy Storage Applications
- Nanostructured Materials for Energy Harvesting
- Synthesis of New Donor-Acceptor Materials for Organic Photovoltaic Cells
- Toward Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Towards the synthesis of cycloheteroarenes
- Two- and Three- Dimensional Assemblies of Conjugated Units and Nanoparticles for Use in Electronic Devices
- Two- and Three-Dimensional Self-Assembled Networks of Conjugated Oligomers
- Zheng Bang Lim, Kim Seng Tan, Andrey V. Lunchev, Hairong Li, Sung Ju Cho, Andrew C. Grimsdale, Rachid Yazami. (2015). Synthesis and assessment of new cyclopenta-2,4-dienone derivatives for energy storage applications. Synthetic Metals, 200, 85-90.
- T. Salim, S. Sun, Y. Abe, A. Krishna, A. C. Grimsdale and Y. M. Lam. (2014). Perovskite-based solar cells: impact of morphology and device architecture on device performance. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 3, 8943 - 8969.
- Deepa Rajwar, Xinfeng Liu, Zheng Bang Lim, Sung Ju Cho, Shi Chen, Jens MH Thomas, Abbie Trewin, Yeng Ming Lam, Tze Chien Sum, Andrew C Grimsdale. (2014). Novel self-assembled 2D networks based on zinc metal ion co-ordination: synthesis and comparative study with 3D networks. RSC Advances, 4(34), 17680-17693.
- K.S. Tan, A. C. Grimsdale, R. Yazami. (2012). Synthesis and Characterization of Biphenyl-Based Lithium Solvated Electron Solutions. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Part B: Condensed Matter, Materials, Surfaces, Interfaces & Biophysical, 116(30), 9056–9060.
- T. L. D. Tam, T. Salim, H. Li, F. Zhou, S. G. Mhaisalkar, H. Su, Y. M. Lam, A. C. Grimsdale. (2012). From benzobisthiadiazole, thiadiazoloquinoxaline to pyrazinoquinoxaline based polymer: effects of aromatic substituents on the performance of organic photovoltaics. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22, 18528-18534.