|Asst.-Prof. Grimsdale is currently in the School of Materials Science and Engineering since Nov 2006. He received his Bachelors, Master and Ph.D. degrees in Chemistry from the University of Auckland, New Zealand in 1983, 1984 and 1990 respectively. His research interests include the synthesis of conjugated polymers for electronic applications, and supramolecular assembly of organic materials. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 70 top quality international journal papers. He has been often used as referee and reviewer for a number of premier journals, including Journal of the American Chemical Society, Macromolecules, Chemistry of Materials, Journal of Organic Chemistry, Journal of Physical Chemistry, Organic Letters, Angewandte Chemie, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, Journal of Polymer Science (A): Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Bulletin, Synthetic Metals, and has acted as an external referee for PhD theses from foreign universities and for the CERG grants committee, Hong Kong and as a
judge of student projects for the Singapore Science and Engineering Fair.
Dr. Grimsdale is a member of the Royal Australian Chemistry Institute.
- Biomimetic-Based Antifouling Coatings as a Route to Imporve Energy Efficiency of Ships and Port Structures
- CARBON NANOTUBE GRAFTING ON CARBON FIBRES TO IMPROVE INTERFACE STRENGTH OF COMPOSITES AND OTHER FUNCTIONAL APPLICATIONS
- Fundamental studies of solvated electron solutions using aromatic hydrocarbons
- High-Reliability, Long-life and Low-cost lithium Ion Batteries For Green Energy Storage Applications
- Nanostructured Materials for Energy Harvesting
- Synthesis of New Donor-Acceptor Materials for Organic Photovoltaic Cells
- Toward Efficient Sunlight Harvesting
- Two- and Three- Dimensional Assemblies of Conjugated Units and Nanoparticles for Use in Electronic Devices
- Two- and Three-Dimensional Self-Assembled Networks of Conjugated Oligomers
- Deepa Rajwar, Xinfeng Liu, Zheng Bang Lim, Sung Ju Cho, Shi Chen, Jens MH Thomas, Abbie Trewin, Yeng Ming Lam, Tze Chien Sum, Andrew C Grimsdale. (2014). Novel self-assembled 2D networks based on zinc metal ion co-ordination: synthesis and comparative study with 3D networks. RSC Advances, 4(34), 17680-17693.
- T. L. D. Tam, T. Salim, H. Li, F. Zhou, S. G. Mhaisalkar, H. Su, Y. M. Lam, A. C. Grimsdale. (2012). From benzobisthiadiazole, thiadiazoloquinoxaline to pyrazinoquinoxaline based polymer: effects of aromatic substituents on the performance of organic photovoltaics. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22, 18528-18534.
- Rajwar, D.; Sun, X.; Cho, S.J.; Grimsdale, A. C.; Fichou, D. (2012). Synthesis and 2D self-assembly at the liquid-solid interface of end-substituted star-shaped oligophenylenes. CrystEngComm, 14(16), 5182-5187.
- H. Li, S. Sun, T. Salim, S. Bomma, A. C. Grimsdale, Y. M. Lam. (2012). Conjugated polymers based on dicarboxylic imide-substituted isothianaphthene and their applications in solar cells. Journal of Polymer Science, Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 50(2), 250-260.
- Li HR., Tam TL., Lam YM., Mhaisalkar SG., Grimsdale AC. (2011). Synthesis of Low Band Gap [1,2,5]-Thiadiazolo[3,4-g]quinoxaline and Pyrazino[2,3-g]quinoxaline Derivatives by Selective Reduction of Benzo[1,2-c;4,5-c ']bis[1,2,5]thiadiazole. Organic Letters, 13(1), 46-49.