|Assoc Prof Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie |
Associate Dean (Student Development & Outreach), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Business Law
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4763
- LLM University of London, UCL 1990
- LLB(Hons) National University of Singapore 1988
|Valerie joined the university after a stint in private practice in a local law firm, and has since been teaching business law and Negotiation & Dispute Resolution to both the undergraduates and the participants of the Nanyang MBA. In 1998 and again in 2004, she won NTU’s Teacher of the Year Award for the Nanyang Business School. She has also won (in 2004 and 2006) the student-led Accountancy & Business Club Awards for "Most Knowledgeable Teacher", “Most Approachable Teacher” and “Best Dressed Teacher”. In November 2006, she won the MBA Teacher of the Year Award. Her research interests lie generally in the areas of contract and insurance law. She is also interested in issues involving global education and student exchange, having held the position of Director of International Student Exchange in the school at both the undergraduate and MBA levels. Currently, she is the Associate Dean for the Undergraduate Business programme. Valerie is an executive committee member of the Insurance Law Association of Singapore, a past Associate Editor of the Asia Business Law Review and a reviewer with the Singapore Academy of Law Journal. She has also taken on the role of Programme Director, NBS-Norwegian School of Management Masters Executive Programme. She was recently appointed the Senior Hall Fellow of Hall of Residence 10 at NTU.|
- Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie, Benny S Tabalujan. (2006). Singapore Business Law (Fourth Edition). CommAsia Resources Pte Ltd.
- Benny S Tabalujan, Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie. (2003). Singapore Business Law (Third Edition). Business Law in Asia (CommAsia Resources Pte Ltd).
- Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie, Goh-Low Soen Yin. (2001). Insurance IntermediariesHalsbury's Laws of Singapore: Commercial Law..
- Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie. (2001). SubrogationHalsbury's Laws of Singapore: Commercial Law..
- Low Chuen-Chuen, Valerie. (2001). Infrastructure and Tourism: A Symbiotic RelationshipBusiness Opportunities in Mexico..