|Assoc Prof Low Buen Sin |
Director, Centre for Financial Engineering
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5753
- PhD University of Manchester 2000
- MBA (Dean's List with Distinction) University of Toronto 1991
- BAcc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1985
|Prof Low is Director of the MSc(Financial Engineering) Programme at the Nanyang Technological University. He is a Certified Public Accountant (Singapore) and a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) by profession. He holds a Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from the National University of Singapore, a MBA (Dean list) from the University of Toronto, and a Ph.D. degree in finance from the University of Manchester. Prior to joining the academia, he worked as an external auditor in an international accounting firm, and as a treasury dealer in the banking sector. His publications have appeared in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Futures Markets, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, among others. He received the Best Teacher Award for the MSc(Financial Engineering) Programme in 2007 and the Best Teacher Award for the Banking and Finance Division in 2008.|
|International financial markets, Derivative Securities, and Investment.|
|Current Projects |
- How Important is Corporate Governance after Enron?
- Xin Deng, Jun-Koo Kang, and Buen Sin Low. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility and Stakeholder Value Maximization: Evidence from Mergers. Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Charlie Charoenwong, Nattawut Jenwittayaroje and Low Buen Sin. (2009). Who knows more about future currency volatility?. Journal of Futures Markets, 29(3), 270-295.
- Low Buen Sin, Zhang Shaojun. (2005). The Volatility Risk Premium Embedded in Currency Options. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 40(4), 803-832.
- Vicentiu Covrig, Low Buen Sin. (2005). The Relevance of Analysts' Earnings Forecasts in Japan. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 32(7), 1437-1463.
- Vicentiu Covrig, David Ding, Low Buen Sin. (2004). Price Discovery in Informationally-Linked Markets: A Microstructure Analysis of Nikkei 225 Futures. Journal of Futures Markets, 24(10), 981-1004.