|Assoc Prof Wee Beng Geok |
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5706
- PhD The University of Hull 1995
- MBA Cranfield Institute of Technology 1979
- BBA University of Singapore 1972
|Prof Wee is Associate Professor (Management and Organization)at the Nanyang Business School where she currently teaches leadership and human capital management courses for the post graduate programmes. She received her Bachelor degree in business administration from the University of Singapore, her MBA from Cranfield School of Management and her Phd in management systems and sciences from the University of Hull.
She set-up the Asian Business Case Centre at the business School in 2000 and is currently the Director of the centre. She had held functional as well as general management positions in various firms and corporations in Singapore. She also lectured industrial management and human resource management at the School of EEE, NTU between 1987-1994.
She is currently an independent board member of Raffles Medical Group Ltd, a healthcare firm listed in the Singapore Stock Exchange. She is also an advisor to the board of the National Archives of Singapore.
|Her research focus is in case research and writing and she has published more than 25 cases. Her cases have been published in strategy and operations management textbooks. She has also written/edited three casebooks, including one on best practices in the hospitality industry.
Her current areas of such research are:
1. The maritime and shipping sector in Asia
2. The social welfare services in Singapore as well as other NPLs
3. The hospitality industry in Asia.
More generic research interests are:
1. Complex adaptive systems
2. Business history
3. Technological innovation
|Current Projects |
- Research and Writing of Business Case Studies of Firms and Organisations in Singapore and Other South East Asian Countries
- Wee, Beng Geok and Buche, Ivy. (2011). Society for the Phyically Disabled: Managing Mission and Vision in a Non-Profit Organisation - Adaption in Dynamic EnvironmentsAsian Business Case Centre.
- Wee BG, Buche I, Chong Y. (2010). Eastport Maritime Pte Ltd: Building Essential Competencies for Sustainable Growth and DevelopmentAsian Business Case Centre.
- Wee, Beng Geok and Chong, Yvonne. (2010). Singapore Children's Society: Delivering the Brand PromiseAsian Business Centre.
- Wee BG, Lee G, Buche I. (2010). Tata Consultancy Services: Sustaining Growth Momentum in China 2010Asian Business Case Centre.
- Wee BG, Buche I. (2010). HCA Hospice Care Services (A): Balancing Growth and SustainabilityAsian Business Case Centre.