|Dr David Alexander Reisman |
Fellow, Renaissance Engineering Programme
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- DSc(Econ) London Sch of Economics & Political Sci 1993
- PhD University of Surrey 1972
- MSc London Sch of Economics & Political Sci 1967
- BSc(Econ)(Hons) London Sch of Economics & Political Sci 1964
|Professor David Reisman is a (full) Professor of Economics at the Nanyang Tecvhnological University. He is a graduate of the London School of Economics. He holds the degree of D.Sc.(Econ.) from the University of London. He has held the Hallsworth, Humboldt and DAAD Fellowships and received several prizes. He has written extensively in the fields of economic thought, political economy and health economics.|
|Economic thought, esp. Marshall,Galbraith and Schumpeter
Health economics, esp. policy issues in South-East Asia
Political economy, esp. policy studies (theoretical and applied)
|Research Grant |
- NTU Internal Funding - New Initiative Funding - New Silk Road (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Medical Travel in East Asia
- David Reisman. (2013, May ). Keynote Speech: The Economic Development of South-East Asia. Paper presented at Humboldt Foundation and Wenshan People's Committee, conference on technology and the environment, Kunming, China.
- David Reisman. (2013, April ). Invited Discussant of Keynote Speech on the Finance of Health Care. Paper presented at World Health Summit, Singapore.
- David Reisman. (2012, October ). Multinational Investment in Hospitals (Invited Paper to ministerial session). Paper presented at World Medical Tourism Congress, Florida.
- David Reisman. (2012, October ). Health Care in a Global World (invited paper to plenary session). Paper presented at Medical Tourism Association Congress, Florida.
- David Reisman. (2012, October ). Old Age and Social Security: The Singapore Experience (invited paper to plenary session). Paper presented at Asia-Pacific Insurance Association, Hong Kong.