|Arindam Basu received the B.Tech and M.Tech degrees in Electronics and Electrical Communication Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology,
Kharagpur in 2005, the M.S. degree in Mathematics and PhD. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta in 2009 and 2010 respectively. Dr. Basu received the Prime Minister of India Gold Medal in 2005 from I.I.T Kharagpur (awarded to the top student). In the summer of 2008, he worked at Texas Instruments, Dallas and developed automatic tuning strategies for LNAs designed in 45nm and 65nm. He joined Nanyang Technological University as an Assistant professor in June 2010.
Dr. Basu received the best student paper award at Ultrasonics symposium, 2006, best live demonstration at ISCAS 2010 and a finalist position in the best student paper contest at ISCAS 2008. His research interests include bio-inspired neuromorphic circuits, non-linear dynamics in neural systems, low power analog IC design and programmable circuits and devices.
- A Floating-gate Based Sub-threshold, Low-power, Reconfigurable Neural Processor with Applications to Visual Attention, Recognition and Tracking
- Exploring Neural Dynamics and Signal Processing Using an Analog VLSI Platform
- Integrated Microsystem with Energy Scavenging, Sensor and Radio Integration using TSV Technology
- NTU-MGH Programme on Clinical Neurotechnologies
- Neuro-inspired Reconfigurable Processor: Circuits with `Emergent' Structure
- Ultra Low Power Neuromorphic/Non-boolean Computing with Spin-devices
- S. Brink, S. Nease, P. Hasler, S. Ramakrishnan, R. Wunderlich, A. Basu and B. Degnan,. (2013). A Learning-Enabled Neuron Array IC Based upon Transistor Channel Models of Biological Phenomenon. IEEE Transactions on biomedical circuits and systems, .
- A Basu, S Sun, H Zhao, M.H. Lim, G.B. Huang. (2013). Silicon Spiking Neurons for Hardware Implementation of Extreme Learning Machines. Neurocomputing, 102, 125-134.
- F. Li, A. Basu, C. H. Chang and A. H. Cohen,. (2012). Dynamical systems guided design and analysis of silicon oscillators for central pattern generators. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, 59(12), 3046-3059.
- D. Sukumaran, Y. Enyi, Sun Shuo, A. Basu, D. Zhao and J. Dauwels,. (2012). A Low-power, Reconfigurable Smart Sensor System for EEG Acquisition and Classification. IEEE APCCAS, Taiwan, (pp. 9 - 12).
- S. Hussain, A. Basu, M. Wang and T. Hamilton,. (2012). DELTRON: Neuromorphic Architectures for Delay based Learning. IEEE APCCAS, Taiwan, (pp. 304 - 307).