+Moral emotions, Chinese face, guanxi, filial obligation
+Organizational culture and ethics
Bedford, O. (2012). Guanxi-building in the workplace: A dynamic process model of working and backdoor guanxi. Journal of Business Ethics, 104, 149-158.
Chan, K. Y., Ho, M-H. R., Chernyshenko, O., Bedford, O. A., Uy, M. A., Gomulya, D. A., Sam, E. Y., & Phan, J. W. (2012). Entrepreneurship, professionalism, leadership: A framework and measure for understanding boundaryless careers. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 81, 73-88.
Bedford, O. & Hwang, S. (2011). Flower drinking and masculinity in Taiwan. Journal of Sex Research, 48, 83-93.
Huang, Y.H. & Bedford, O. (2009). The role of cross-cultural factors in integrative conflict resolution and crisis communication: The Hainan incident as a case. American Behavioral Scientist, 53, 565-78.
Yeh, Y.K., Bedford, O., & Yang, Y. J. (2009). A Cross-Cultural Comparison of the Coexistence and Domain-Superiority of Individuating and Relating Autonomy. International Journal of Psychology, 44(3), 213-221.
Bedford, O. & Hwang, K. K. (2006). Taiwanese Identity and Democracy: The Social Psychology of Taiwan's 2004 Elections. Palgrave-MacMillan, New York: New York.
Bedford, O. (2004). The individual experience of guilt and shame in Chinese culture. Culture and Psychology, 10(1), 123-146.
Bedford, O. & Hwang, K.K. (2003). Guilt and shame in Chinese culture: A Cross-cultural framework from the perspective of morality and identity. Journal for the Theory of Social Behavior, 33(2), 127-144.
Hwang, Shu-Ling & Bedford, O. (2004). Juveniles' motivations for remaining in prostitution. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 28(2), 136-146.
Yeh, Kuang-hui & Bedford, O. (2003). Filial piety: A test of the dual model. Asian Journal of Social Psychology, 6(3), 215-228.
Hwang, S. & Bedford, O. (2003). Precursors and pathways to juvenile prostitution in Taiwan. Journal of Sex Research, 40(2), 201-210.
- Socialising for business in Taiwan: Ying-chou and Guanxi
- Bedford, O. (2012, August ). How Women in Taiwan Create Guanxi. Paper presented at American Psychological Association, Orlando, Florida.
- Bedford, O. (2012, July ). A Dynamic Process Model of Building Guanxi in the Workplace.. Paper presented at International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology, Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Kim-Yin Chan, Ringo M. H. Ho, Olexander Chernyshenko, Marilyn A. Uy, and Olwen Bedford. (2012, June ). Understanding entrepreneurial, professional and leadership career aspirations in the 21st century. Paper presented at 2012 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), Fort Worth, Texas, USA, June 6-8, 2012.
- Bedford, O. (2012, March ). Trust-building Strategies in the Workplace in Taiwan.. Paper presented at the Asian Conference on Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences, Osaka, Japan.
- Bedford, O. (2011, June ). Building relationships for the workplace: Women's strategies for building guanxi in Taiwan. Paper presented at the Canadian Psychological Association's 72nd Annual Convention, Toronto, Canada.