|Asst Prof Yu Hao|
Division of Circuits & Systems
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4509
- PhD (Elect Eng) University of California 2007
- MS (Elect Eng) University of California 2005
- BS (Phys) (Hons) Fudan University 1999
|Dr. Yu Hao obtained his B.S. degree from Fudan University (Shanghai China) in 1999, with 4-year first-prize Guanghua scholarship (top-2) and 1-year Samsung scholarship for the outstanding student in science and engineering (top-1). After selected by mini-cuspea program, he spent some time in New York University, and obtained M.S/Ph. D degrees both from electrical engineering department at UCLA in 2007, with major of integrated circuit and embedded computing. He was a senior research staff at Berkeley Design Automation (BDA) since 2006, one of top-100 start-ups selected by Red-herrings at Silicon Valley. Since October 2009, he is an assistant professor at school of electrical and electronic engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.|
Dr. Yu Hao has 88 peer-reviewed and referred publications [conference (62) and journal (26)], 2 book, 4 book chapters, 1 best paper award in ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), 1 best student paper award (SiRF'13), 3 best paper award nominations (DAC’06, ICCAD’06, ASP-DAC’12), 1 inventor award from semiconductor research cooperation (SRC), and 2 patent applications in pending. He is the associate editor of Journal of low power electronics, reviewer of IEEE TCAD, TCAS-I/II, TVLSI, ACM-TODAEs, VLSI Integration, technical program committee member and session chair of several conferences (ICCAD’10-12, ASP-DAC’11-12, ISCAS’10-12, ICCD’11-12, NANOARCH’12, IWS’13, ISQED’09). The industry work at BDA is also recognized with an EDN magazine innovation award and multi-million venture capital funding.
Group website: http://www.ntucmosetgp.net/ .
|1. Heterogeneous 3D-IC Design Platform |
1)3D Big-data Computing System: TSV model and wide-I/O design; multi-core and non-volatile memory design for big-data; cyber-physical thermal/power management;
2)3D Lab-on-chip System: microscope on-chip; multi-mode bio-sensor data fusion;
2. Extreme-scale RF-IC Design Platform
1)RF Frontend Circuit Design: meta-material based CMOS THz transceiver design; THz model;
2)RF Electronic Design Automation: multi-core/GPU parallel algorithms; non-Monte-Carlo statistical algorithms; reachability analysis; nonlinear macro-modeling;
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2012-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2011-2014) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2010-2013) [by Defence Research and Technology Office (DRTech)]
- Hisilicon Technologies Co Ltd (2012-2013) [by Hisilicon Technologies Co Ltd]
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2013-2017) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NRF Proof of Concept (2012-2013) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2012-2013) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
- NTU Internal Funding - EEE (2013-2014) [by School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering]
- NTU Internal Funding - Energy Research Institute@NTU (2012-)
- NTU Internal Funding - Energy Research Institute@NTU (2012-2013) [by Energy Research Institute @NTU (ERIAN)]
- NTU Internal Funding - Start Up Grant - College of Engineering (2009-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- 60GHz Metamaterial-Based Power Amplifier Design
- A 3D Design Platform of Multi-Processor System-on-Chip For New Media Application
- A Sustainable Green Campus Incorporating Load Agrregator, Renewable Energy and Storage Systems
- Big-data Computing System: A 3-D IC Perspective
- Design Exploration for High Data-rate Wireless Communication Systems at 60GHz for New Media Applications
- Development of a Chloroplast-based Photovoltaic Cell with Carbon Nanotube Electrode
- Home Automation System
- Home Automation System
- Integrated Microsystem with Energy Scavenging, Sensor and Radio Integration using TSV Technology
- Ion Camera: A Real-Time High-sensitivity and High-resolution ISFET-based on Ion Detection System for Food and Drag Safety
- Magnetic Domain Wall Logic Gate Device
- Power-efficient Multicore Scalable System for Cloud Computing Using Emerging Technologies
- System-level Design Methodology for a Robust Heterogeneous 3D Integration.
- Vertical Integration of MEMS and ASIC
- Yang Shang, Wei Fei, and Hao Yu. (2013). A Fractional-order RLGC Model for Terahertz Transmission Line. IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS).
- Wei Fei, Hao Yu, Wei Meng Lim, and Junyan Ren. (2013). A 53-to-73GHz Power Amplifier with 74.5mW/um2 Power Density by 2D Differential Power Combining in 65nm CMOS. IEEE International Symposium of Radio-frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC).
- Yang Shang, Haipeng Fu, Hao Yu, and Junyan Ren. (2013). A -78dBm Sensitivity 96GHz Super-regenerative Receiver with Quench-controlled Metamaterial Oscillator in 65nm CMOS. IEEE International Symposium of Radio-frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC).
- Ali Mesgarani, Haipeng Fu, Mei Yan, Hao Yu, and Suat Ay,. (2013). A 5-Bit 1.25GS/S 4.7mW Delay-Based Pipelined ADC in 65nm CMOS. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS).
- Sai Manoj, and Hao Yu,. (2013). Cyber-Physical management for Heterogeneously Integrated 3D Thousand-core On-chip Microprocessor. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS).