|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Dong Zhili
Associate Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering
Phone: +65 67906727
Office: ABN B1C 19
|Dr. Dong received his PhD in Materials Science and Engineering and Bachelor of Engineering from Tsinghua University, China. During his study towards a PhD degree, he was granted a Japanese Government Scholarship and studied at Osaka University in 1987 and 1988. He completed his PhD work in 1989 under the MOE Joint PhD Programme.
Prior to joining the School of Materials Science & Engineering, Dr. Dong worked at the Institute of Environmental Science and Engineering / Environmental Technology Institute of A*STAR as a senior research scientist, School of Mechanical and Production Engineering of NTU as a research fellow, University of Barcelona as a visiting professor. He was a lecturer at Tsinghua University before joining the University of Barcelona.
Dr. Dong has more than twenty years experience in transmission electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction of materials. His research interests include open-framework materials, nanostructured functional materials, advanced coatings and materials synthesis. He has authored/co-authored over 100 scientific publications.
|Dr. Dong has more than twenty years experience in transmission electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction of materials. His research interests include open-framework materials, nanostructured functional materials, advanced coatings and materials synthesis.|
- Advanced Waste Gasification/Pyrolysis for Bio-Energy (Bio-Syngas or Bio-Oil) Production
- Advanced in situ Structural Characterisation of Energy Materials
- Controlled Synthesis of Catalytic Polyoxometalates for the Removal of Phenol from Waste Water
- Development of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Ultra High Performance Concrete (CNT-UHPC)
- Development of High Efficiency Ytterbium Doped Sesquioxide Laser Ceramics and High Power Ultrafast Ceramic Lasers
- Development of coiled flexible sub-sea thermoplastic composite risers
- Fundamental Analysis and Approaches to the Design and Optimisation of Thermoelectric Ceramics
- Low-temperature Solution-processed Protonated Titanium Oxides for Photocatalytic Applications
- Microstructure and mechanical property characterization of (Ti, Six) N coatings processed by high-power impulse and pulsed-DC magnetron co-sputtering
- Nanostructured titania with tunable hydrophilic/hydrophobic behaviour and photocatalytic function for marine structure applications
- Novel Metal Matrix Quasicrystal Composites with Strong Interface Chemical Bonding for Advanced Applications
- Zero-Liquid Discharge from Water Reclamation through Hybrid Multiplex Catalytic Oxidation Process
- Zhang L. Z., Liu X, Dong Z. L. (2009, July). Temperature-dependent single-crystal to single-crystal phase transformation based on polyoxometalates. Paper presented at The 5th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2009), Singapore.
- Dong Z. L.(2009). X-ray diffraction, Rietveld crystal structure refinement and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy of nano-structured materials. Handbook of Nanoceramics and Their Based NanodevicesAmerican Scientific Publishers.
- Dong Z. L. (2008). Rietveld refinement and high-resolution transmission electron microscopy of synthetic apatites for advanced applications. 7th International Conference on Materials Processing for Properties and Performance.
« Back to Research Directory