|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Park You-il (Chris)
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5560
- PhD in Accounting Duke University 2017
- MA in Economics Duke University 2015
- BSc in Management Georgia Institute of Technology 2005
|You-il (Chris) Park is an Assistant Professor of Accounting at the Nanyang Business School (NBS), Nanyang Technological University. He holds PhD and MA degrees from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, and a BS degree (with highest honor) from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Professor Park studies the firm-level and the aggregate-level effects of accounting standards on financial reporting outcomes and the effects of securities regulation on stock price informativeness. Before joining the faculty at NBS, he previously worked as an internal auditor in the business controls and compliance division at Southern Company and Georgia Power Company and taught core accounting classes in the Department of Economics and the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University.|
|Archival, economics-based capital market research with emphasis on the firm-level and aggregate-level effects of accounting standards on financial reporting outcomes and the effects of securities regulation on stock price informativeness|
- Accounting Standards and Predictive Ability of Aggregate Accruals for Economic Growth
- Chung, H., S. Hillegeist, Y. Park and J. Wynn. (2019). Capitalization of In-Process Research and Development under SFAS 141R and Information Asymmetry (conditionally accepted). Contemporary Accounting Research, .
- Li., Y., Y. Park and J. Wynn. (2018). Investor Reactions to Restatements Conditional on Disclosure of Internal Control Weaknesses. Journal of Applied Accounting Research, 19(3), 423-439.
« Back to Research Directory