|Dr. Zhao joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in August 2017. She was previously a Postdoctoral Scholar at Stanford University, working in both Prof. Yi Cui's group in Materials Science and Engineering and Prof. Bianxiao Cui's group in Chemistry. Her postdoc work leverages state-of-art nanotechnologies to elucidate the cell-environment interaction with nanoscale perspectives. She obtained her B.Eng in Bioengineering from Zhejiang University in China. After that, she was awarded the Jebsen Scholarship from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology to pursue her Master degree and later her Ph.D. degree in Bioengineering with Prof. I-Ming Hsing. Her research has been published in Nature Nanotechnology, PNAS, Nano Letters, ACS Nano, Chemical Communications, etc.|
- Hsin-Ya Lou, Wenting Zhao, Yongpeng Zeng, Bianxiao Cui. (2018). The Role of Membrane Curvature in Nanoscale Topography-Induced Intracellular Signaling. Accounts of Chemical Research, , ASAP.
- Nadine Nagy, Adi de la Zerda, Gernot Kaber, Pamela Y Johnson, Kenneth H Hu, Michael J Kratochvil, Koshika Yadava, Wenting Zhao, Yi Cui, Guadalupe Navarro, Justin P Annes, Thomas N Wight, Sarah C Heilshorn, Paul L Bollyky, Manish J Butte. (2018). Hyaluronan content governs tissue stiffness in pancreatic islet inflammation. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 293(2), 567-578.
- Francesca Santoro, Wenting Zhao, Lydia-Marie Joubert, Liting Duan, Jan Schnitker, Yoeri van de Burgt, Hsin-Ya Lou, Bofei Liu, Alberto Salleo, Lifeng Cui, Yi Cui, Bianxiao Cui. (2017). Revealing the Cell–Material Interface with Nanometer Resolution by Focused Ion Beam/Scanning Electron Microscopy. ACS Nano, 11(8), 8320-8328.
- Wenting Zhao, Lindsey Hanson, Hsin-Ya Lou, Matthew Akamatsu, Praveen D Chowdary, Francesca Santoro, Jessica R Marks, Alexandre Grassart, David G Drubin, Yi Cui, Bianxiao Cui. (2017). Nanoscale manipulation of membrane curvature for probing endocytosis in live cells. Nature Nanotechnology, 12(8), 750-756.
- Hsin-Ya Lou, Wenting Zhao, Lindsey Hanson, Connie Zeng, Yi Cui, Bianxiao Cui. (2017). Dual-Functional Lipid Coating for the Nanopillar-Based Capture of Circulating Tumor Cells with High Purity and Efficiency. Langmuir, 33(4), 1097-1104.