|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ang Wei Tech
Executive Director, Rehabilitation Research Institute of Singapore
|Prog Ang is an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering since Nov 2004. He received the Ph.D. degree in Robotics from Carnegie Mellon University in 2004, and the M.Eng. and B.Eng degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Nanyang Technological University in 1999 and 1997 respectively. Dr Ang leads a multidisciplinary team focuses on robotic technology in biomedical applications. He is the PI of several projects funded by A*STAR SERC, A*STAR BMRC, NMRC, MOE, NTU & the French Embassy.|
|- BioRobotics / Bio-Mechatronics
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Assistive Technology
- Robotic Microsurgery
- Robotic Cell Micromanipulation
- Assistive Handheld Instrument for Microsurgery
- CHART (CGH Centre for Healthcare Assistive and Robotics Technology)
- Exosuit for Fall Prevention
- Exosuit for Fall Prevention - NTU
- Exploring New Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury by Synergising Regenerative Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Intelligent Human-Robot Interface for Assistive Robots Phase 1B
- Intelligent Human-Robot Interfaces for Assistive Robots – Phase 1a
- Interactive Mixed Reality Rehabilitation System
- Mobile Robotic Assistive Balance Trainer
- Proof-Of-Concept, Proof-Of-Value and Test-Bedding in Smart Integrated Construction System
- RRIS Strategic Projects
- Robotics for Construction 4.0
- SG Healthcare Assistive and Robotics Programme (SHARP) - RRIS’s Matching Grant
- SHARP Grant-Development and POC of Care Assistant & Rehabilitation Enabling (CARE) Robots
- Sensor-based Measurement of Stroke Upper Limb Movements
- System for Home Alert & REhabilitation (SHARE)
- Technology Assisted Upper Extremities Movement Measurement System for Tele-rehabilitation
- Virtual Integrated Therapy for Active Living (VITAL) Health Box: A Monitoring and Motivating Companion to Reduce Frailty and Maintain Health for Older Adults
- F. Widjaja, C. Y. Shee, W. L. Au, P. Poignet, and W. T. Ang. (2011, December). Anti phase tremor attenuation system using surface electromyography and accelerometer. Paper presented at Proc. IEEE Intl. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Shanghai, China.
- M. L. Han, Y. L. Zhang, M. Y. Yu, C. Y. Shee, and W. T. Ang. (2011, December). Real-time modeling and control of the circular cell membranes strain. Paper presented at Proc. IEEE Intl. Conf. Robotics and Automation, Shanghai, China.
- P. L. Bo, P. Poignet, D. Zhang, and W. T. Ang. (2011). FES-controlled co-contraction strategies for pathological tremor compensation. Proc. Intl. Conf. IEEE/RSJ Intelligent Robots and Systems.
- D. G. Zhang, F. Widjaja, P. Poignet, W. T. Ang. (2011). Neural oscillator based control for pathological tremor suppression via functional electrical stimulation. Control Engineering Practice, 19(1), 74-88.
- U.-X. Tan, W.T. Latt, C. Y. Shee and W. T. Ang. (2010). A Low-cost Flexure-based Handheld Mechanism for Micromanipulation. IEEE - ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 20(99), 1-5.
« Back to Category Write-up