|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Lin Weisi
Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Weisi Lin graduated from Zhongshan University, China with B.Sc in Electronics and M.Sc in Digital|
Signal Processing, respectively, and from King’s College, London University, UK with Ph.D in
Computer Vision. He taught and researched in Zhongshan University, Shantou University (China), Bath University (UK), National University of Singapore, Institute of Microelectronics (Singapore), and Institute for Infocomm Research (Singapore). He has been the project leader of 12 successfully delivered projects in digital multimedia technology development. He also serves as the Lab Head, Visual Processing, and then the Acting Department Manager, Media Processing, in Institute for Infocomm Research. His areas of expertise include perception-inspired signal modeling, perceptual multimedia quality evaluation, video compression, and image processing & analysis. He holds seven patents, wrote 7 book chapters, edited 3 book, authored a book, published over 250 refereed papers in international journals and conferences, and made more than ten contributions to international standardization. He is a Chartered Engineer, a Fellow of IET, and an Honorary Fellow of Singapore Institute of Engineering Technologists. He believes that good theory is practical so has kept a balance of academic research and industrial deployment throughout his working life.
|image processing, perceptual modeling, video compression, multimedia communication and computer vision|
- Anomaly Understanding: Visual Attention Modelling for Vision-related Tasks
- Audiovisual Quality Evaluation Model for Multimedia Communications
- Formulating and Engineering Human-centric Metrics
- Investigation into Perception-inspired Mobile Graphics (PMG)
- Lightweight Deep Learning for Image Processing and Traffic Scene Understanding
- Methodological Investigation for Automatic Detection of Primary Angle Closure Condition (PAC) and PAC induced Glaucoma
- Multi-Linear Anaysis for Video Shot Categorization
- Peer Assisted Video-on-Demand with Bandwidth and Coding Awareness
- REVAMP: Resourceful Exploitation of Visual Attention For Media Processing
- Rapid Rich Object Search (ROSE) Lab
- Significance-based Large-Scale 3D Point Cloud Compression and Management
- Video Categorization and Representation for Next-generation Compression
- Video Processing By Sparse 3D Transform Theory And Collaborative Filtering
- Visual Manipulations for Heterogonous Client Devices
- Visual-Attention Inspired Model in Target Search and Location in Cluttered Environment
- C. Deng, W. Lin, B. –S. Lee and C. T. Lau. (2010). IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME): ROBUST IMAGE COMPRESSION BASED ON COMPRESSIVE SENSING. (pp. oral presentation, acceptance rate 15%).
- S. Wu, W Lin，and S. Xie. (2008). Skin Heat Transfer Model of Facial Thermograms and Its Application in Face Recognition. Pattern Recognition, .
- Lin Weisi.(2006). Computational Models for Just-noticeable Difference. In H. R. Wu and K. R. Rao(Ed), Digital Video Image Quality and Perceptual Coding CRC Press.
- Lin Weisi, L. Dong. (2006). Adaptive Down-sampling to Improve Image Compression at Low Bit Rates. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 15(9), 2513-2521.
- Z. Lu, Lin Weisi, X. Yang, E. Ong, S. Yao. (2005). Modeling Visual Attention's Modulatory Aftereffects on Visual Sensitivity and Quality Evaluation. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 14(11), 1928-1942.
« Back to Category Write-up