|Dr. Leong received her Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Doctor of Philosophy in Materials Science and Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in 2004 and 2009 respectively. She performed her postdoctoral fellowship under Nobel Laureate Professor Alan Heeger in University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), working on polymer and small molecule solar cells, where she was part of the team to achieve world record efficiency. In 2012, she joined Institute of Materials Research and Engineering (IMRE), working in the area of printed electronics and photovoltaics. She concurrently coordinates the joint research efforts between IMRE and Department of Chemistry (NUS), as the Assistant Manager of Molecular Materials Laboratory. In July 2016, she joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering as an Assistant Professor. Her research focuses primarily on electronic materials (organic and hybrid) for solar energy conversion, field-effect transistors, memory devices and chemical sensors.|
- Riyas Ahmad, Abhijith Surendran, P. C. Harikesh, Reinhard Haselsberger, Nur Fadilah Jamaludin, Rohit Abraham John, Teck Ming Koh, Annalisa Bruno, Wei Lin Leong, Nripan Mathews, Maria-Elisabeth Michel-Beyerle, and Subodh G. Mhaisalkar. (2019). Perturbation-Induced Seeding and Crystallization of Hybrid Perovskites over Surface-Modified Substrates for Optoelectronic Devices. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 11(31), 27727-27734.
- Xihu Wu, Abhijith Surendran, Jieun Ko, Oliver Filonik, Eva M. Herzig, Peter Muller-Buschbaum, and Wei Lin Leong. (2019). Ionic-Liquid Doping Enables High Transconductance, Fast Response Time, and High ion Selectively in Organic Electrochemical Transistors. Advanced Materials, 31(2), 1805544.
- Jieun Ko, Luong T. H. Nguyen, Abhijith Surendran, Bee Yi Tan, Kee Woei Ng, Wei Lin Leong. (2017). Human Hair Keratin for Biocompatible Flexible and Transient Electronic Devices. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9(49), 43004-43012.
- Wei Lin Leong,* Zi-En Ooi, Dharani Sabba, Chenyi Yi, Shaik M. Zakeeruddin, Michael Gratezel, Jeffrey M. Gordon, Eugene A. Katz, Nripan Mathews. (2016). Identifying Fundamental Limitations in Halide Perovskite Solar Cells. Advanced Materials, 28, 2439-2445.
- Li Xianqiang, Liu Jie Gao Shifeng, Li Jun, Wang Hong, Tang Xiaohong,* Liu Bin,* Wei Lin Leong*. (2015). Improvement in polymer solar cell performance and eliminating light soaking effect via UV-light treatment on conjugated polyelectrolyte cathode interlayer. Organic Electronics, 25, 105-111.