|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Zhu Wenjun
Assistant Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Banking & Finance
|Wenjun Zhu (Ph.D., FSA, CERA) is an Assistant Professor in Nanyang Business School at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. She received her Ph.D. in the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Waterloo in 2015. As the first student admitted to the PhD program without a Master's degree in the department, Dr. Zhu holds double Bachelor's degree in Economics as well as Mathematics. She is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and a Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA). She is also a winner of the Society of Actuaries James C. Hickman Scholar (2013-15). Before joining NBS, she served as a tenure-track assistant professor in School of Finance at Nankai University (2015-17). |
Wenjun has been publishing in leading actuarial and insurance journals such as the Journal of Risk and Insurance, North American Actuarial Journal, Insurance: Mathematics, and Economics, and ASTIN Bulletin. Wenjun has interdisciplinary research experience in developing effective statistical and quantitative tools in evaluating and managing risks in the fields of insurance and finance. Currently, she is particularly interested in research topics including systemic risks in finance and insurance, predictive analytics, weather risk management and agricultural insurance, high dimensional modeling with copulas, and longevity risk management.
Wenjun enjoys teaching. She teaches courses in actuarial science, finance, risk mangement and insurance. She is the recipient of the 2020 NBS Teaching Excellence Award (TEA). She was also nominated for the Msc Financial Engineering Teacher of the Year Award 2020.
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/view/wenjun-zhu
|Systemic risks in finance and insurance; Commodity futures markets; Actuarial ratemaking in agricultural insurance; High dimensional modeling with copulas; Longevity risk management.|
- Artificial Intelligence, Population Aging, and Capital Market Solutions
- Climate Risk And Financial MarketsFinancial Innovation For Agricultural Risk Management
- External award from Society of Actuaries
- The financial impacts of Longevity risk: Pricing and optimal investment choices in the stock markets
- Hong Li, Lysa Porth, Ken Seng Tan, and Wenjun Zhu. (2020). Improved Index Insurance Design and Yield Estimation using a Dynamic Factor Forecasting Approach. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, forthcoming.
- Wenjun Zhu, Ken Seng Tan, and Lysa Porth. (2019). Agricultural Insurance Ratemaking: Development of a New Premium Principle. The North American Actuarial Journal, 23(4), 551-572.
- Wenjun Zhu, Ken Seng Tan, Lysa Porth, and Chou-Wen Wang. (2018). Spatial Dependence and Aggregation in Hedging Systemic Weather Risk: A Lévy Subordinated Hierarchical Archimedean Copulas (LSHAC) Approach. Astin Bulletin, 48(2), 779-815.
- Wenjun Zhu, Ken Seng Tan, Chou-Wen Wang. (2017). Modeling Multi-population Longevity Risk with Mortality Dependence: A Lévy Subordinated Hierarchical Archimedean Copulas (LSHAC) Approach. Journal of Risk and Insurance, 84, 477–493.
- Wenjun Zhu, Chou-Wen Wang and Ken Seng Tan. (2016). Structure and Estimation of Lévy Subordinated Hierarchical Archimedean Copulas (LSHAC): Theory and Empirical Tests. Journal of Banking and Finance, 69, 20-36.
« Back to Category Write-up