|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Sim Wai Chew
Associate Professor, School of Humanities
Phone: +65 63168643
Office: HSS 03 66
|The broad theme of Southeast Asian writing as an alternative theoretical locus to metropolitan discourse inspires my research and creative work|
Singapore / Southeast Asian Literature
BA (Honours) First Class – University of East Anglia (UK) - 1989
Postgraduate Diploma in Education - Nanyang Technological University - 1992
PhD – University of Warwick (UK) - 2002
|Singapore literature and culture, Postcolonial literature and theory, Sinophone studies, Comparative literature, and Southeast Asian studies|
- Diasporic Literature, Identities, And The Space Beyond
- Singapore Comparative Literature Database (with accompanying workshop and compendium)
- Sim Wai Chew. (2019). Overlapping Scriptworlds: Chinese Literature as a Global Assemblage (accepted, editing completed, publication forthcoming). CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture, .
- Sim wai chew. (2018). Becoming Other: Literary Multilingualism in the Chinese Badlands (published online 2018) (print publication forthcoming). Textual Practice, .
- Sim Wai Chew.(2017). Super-Diversity and its Implications in Two Singapore Texts. In Poon, Angelia and Angus Whitehead(Ed), Singapore Literature and Culture: Current Directions in Local and Global Contexts.(181-197). New York: Routledge.
- Sim Wai Chew. (2014). Nietzschean Existentialism in the Work of Pei’ An Ying and Goh Poh Seng [Reprint of 2013 Book Chapter] [in Chinese]. Literatures in Chinese (华文文学), 125, 98-105.
- Sim, Wai Chew. (2014). "Beyond the Color Line: Intersectional Considerations in Chuah Guat Eng's Fiction". Kritika Kultura, 23, 33-46.
« Back to Category Write-up