|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Olav Benjamin Vassend
Assistant Professor, School of Humanities
Phone: +65 69047140
Office: HSS 03 92
|Dr Vassend joined the School on 17 July 2017 as Assistant Professor after receiving his PhD in Philosophy from the University of Wisconsin – Madison in the spring of 2017. His research interests lie in Philosophy of Science and Epistemology, and he is particularly interested in formal approaches within both these fields.|
|Philosophy of science|
Foundations of statistics
- The Philosophical Foundation of Bayesian Inference
- Olav Benjamin Vassend. (2019, June). Justifying the Norms of Inductive Inference. Paper presented at Formal Epistemology Workshop.
- Vassend, Olav Benjamin. (2018). New Semantics for Bayesian Inference: The Interpretive Problem and Its Solutions. Philosophy of Science, Forthcoming.
- Olav Benjamin Vassend. (2018, November). Trusting the Predictions of a Hypothesis vs Believing that the Hypothesis is True. Paper presented at Inaugural Meeting of the Department of Philosophy of Science, Fudan University.
- Vassend, Olav Benjamin. (2018). Comment: The Inferential Information Criterion from a Bayesian Point of View. Sociological Methodology, 48(1), 91-97.
- Vassend, Olav Benjamin. (2018). A Verisimilitude Framework for Inductive Inference, with an Application to Phylogenetics. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, Forthcoming.
« Back to Category Write-up