|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Kim Tae Hyoung
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Phone: +65 67904001
Office: S2 B2B 42
|Prof. Tony T. Kim received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical engineering from Korea University, Seoul, Korea, in 1999 and 2001, respectively. He received the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA in 2009. From 2001 to 2005, he worked for Samsung Electronics where he performed research on the design of high-speed SRAM memories, clock generators, and IO interface circuits. In 2007 ~ 2009 summer, he was with IBM T. J. Watson Research Center and Broadcom Corporation where he performed research on isolated NBTI/PBTI measurement circuits and SRAM Mismatch measurement test structure, and battery backed memory design, respectively. In November 2009, he joined Nanyang Technological University as an assistant professor.
Prof. Kim received 2008 AMD/CICC Student Scholarship Award, 2008 Departmental Research Fellowship from U. of Minnesota, 2008 DAC/ISSCC Student Design Contest Award, 2008 Samsung Humantec Thesis Award (Bronze Prize), 2005 ETRI Journal Paper of the Year Award, 2001 Samsung Humantec Thesis Award (Honor Prize), and 1999 Samsung Humantec Thesis Award (Silver Prize). His current research interests include low power and high performance digital, mixed-mode, and memory circuit design, ultra-low voltage sub-threshold circuit design for energy efficiency, variation and aging tolerant circuits and systems, and circuit techniques for 3D ICs. He is a member of IEEE.
|Low power and high performance digital, mixed-mode, and memory circuit design, ultra-low voltage sub-threshold circuit design for energy efficient systems, variation and aging tolerant circuits and systems, and circuit techniques for 3D ICs.|
- Advanced ReRAM Technology for Embedded Systems
- Radiation-Resilient Microcontroller for Small-Satellite Applications
- Triboelectric Nanogenerator Energy Harvesting System Design for IoT applications
- Dang Van Thai, Bo-Yun Jung, Kwang-Hyun Baek, Taegeun Yoo, and Tony Tae-Hyoung Kim. (2018, November). A 12-bit 200-MS/s Pipelined ADC using Maximization of Settling Time Scheme. Paper presented at 15th Internation SoC Design Conference.
- Sultan M. Siddiqui, Ruchi Sharma, Van Loi Le, Taegeun Yoo, Ik-Joon Chang, and Tony TaeHyoung Kim. (2018, November). A Radiation Hardened SRAM with Self-refresh and Compact Error Correction. Paper presented at 15th Internation SoC Design Conference.
- Ngoc-Son Pham, Taegeun Yoo, Tony Tae-Hyoung Kim, Chan-Gun Lee, and Kwang-Hyun Baek. (2018). A 0.016mV/mA Cross-regulation 5-Output SIMO DC-DC Buck Converter Using Output-Voltage-Aware Charge Control Scheme. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 33(11), 9619-9629.
- Lu Lu, Taegeun Yoo, Van Loi Le, Tony Tae‐Hyoung Kim. (2018, November). An Ultra‐Low Power 8T SRAM with Vertical Read Word Line and Data Aware Write Assist. Paper presented at 2018 IEEE Asian Solid‐State Circuits Conference, Taiwan.
- Taegeun Yoo, Van Loi Le, Ju Eon Kim, Ngoc Le Ba, Kwang‐Hyun Baek, Tony Tae‐Hyoung Kim. (2018, November). A 137‐μW Area‐Efficient Real‐Time Gesture Recognition System for Smart Wearable Devices. Paper presented at 2018 IEEE Asian Solid‐State Circuits Conference, Taiwan.