|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat
Lecturer, School of Humanities
|Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat has an undergraduate degree from Thammasat University and a doctorate from Chulalongkorn University in Thailand. Following a work at Google as part of Google Voice (Thai) team, she has been a lecturer and Thai programme coordinator of Center for Modern Languages, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, NTU.|
• 2017 Lecturer Excellence Award (LEX)
Nominated by the CML and selected as the winner out of all lecturers at School of Humanities. The award was established by the School, to recognize lecturers who have demonstrated excellence and innovation in teaching practices as well enriching the learning experiences of NTU students.
• 2015 Thesis Awards from the National Research Council of Thailand in the field of Philosophy, February 2016)
(The award is given annually to promote research development and honor Thai researchers from all over the world who work in philosophy, scientific and social science fields.)
• NRU Scholarship (supported by The Higher Education Research Promotion and National Research University Project of Thailand, Office of the Higher Education Commission), 2010 - 2012
• 90th Year Chulalongkorn Scholarship (supported by Chulalongkorn University), 2010 - 2012
• H.M. the King’s 72nd Birthday Scholarship (supported by Chulalongkorn University), 2009 - 2012
• King Rama VII and Queen Rambaibarni Scholarship (supported by Thai Parliament), 2009 and 2012
• Prince Paramanujitajinorasa Scholarship, 2008
• First Class Honors and Academic Achievement Award (supported by King Bhumibol’s Scholarship), 2006
• PhD (Thai) Chulalongkorn University 2013
• MA (Thai) Chulalongkorn University 2009
- BA(Hons) (Thai) Thammasat University 2006
|Syntax, Semantics, Thai grammar, and Teaching Thai as a foreign language.|
- Incidental Vocabulary Acquisition in Foreign Language Learning: The Effectiveness of Paper-based Glosses, Computer-based Glosses and E-dictionary Use
- Innovative Assessment for Listening Comprehension in Foreign Language Learning
- Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat. (2018). Grammaticalization of /jaŋ/. Journal of Language and Linguistics, 35(2), 97 - 120.
- Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat & He Xiaoling. (2017). An Application of WhatsApp with Thai as a Foreign Language Learning. Wanwitat Journal, 17, 251-268.
- Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat. (2016). The Lexical /pen/ Meaning ‘To Be Alive’ And ‘To Know How To Do’ in Thai: Polysemy or Homonymy?. University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce Journal, 36(4), 90-102.
- Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat. (2016). The development of the lexical word /pen/ in Thai. Humanities Journal, 23, 122-153.
- Sureenate Jaratjarungkiat. (2015). A Development of Thai Words: Research Methodology. Wanwitat Journal, 15, 135-156.
« Back to Category Write-up