|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Stephen Campbell
Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences
|Stephen Campbell (PhD, Anthropology, University of Toronto, 2015) is a sociocultural anthropologist in the School of Social Sciences at Nanyang Technological University. His current research focuses on the politics of informal labour at a squatter settlement on the outskirts of Yangon, Myanmar's former capital. His previous research examined workers' struggles and migrant labour regulation along the Thai-Myanmar border.|
|anthropology of the state, postcolonial political economy, labour migration, informal economy, border studies, Myanmar, Thailand|
- Stephen Campbell. (2020). Debt collection as labour discipline: The work of finance in a Myanmar squatter settlement. Social Anthropology, 0(0), 1 - 14.
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Of squatting amid capitalism on Yangon's industrial periphery. Anthropology Today, 35(6), 7 - 10.
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Towards a dialectical anthropology of capitalism. Social Anthropology, 27(3), 547 - 553.
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Rendering Assemblage Dialectical. Anthropological Theory, 0(0), 1 - 20.
- Stephen Campbell. (2019). Reading Myanmar’s inland fisheries: Postcolonial literature as theoretical lens. Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, 20(1), 2 - 18.
« Back to Category Write-up