| || |
Prof Shane Allen Snyder
Executive Director, Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute
Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Director, Advanced Environmental Biotechnology Centre, Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute
Director, NEWRI Community Development, Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute
|Dr. Shane Snyder is a Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering and is the Executive Director of the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. He joined NTU after serving as a Professor of Chemical & Environmental Engineering and the co-Director of the Water & Energy Sustainable Technology (WEST) Center at the University of Arizona, USA.|
For over 20 years, Dr. Snyder’s research has focused on the identification, fate, and health relevance of emerging water pollutants. Dr. Snyder and his teams have published over 200 manuscripts and book chapters on emerging contaminant analysis, treatment, and toxicology. He currently serves as an editor-in-chief for the international journal Chemosphere.
Dr. Snyder has been invited to brief the Congress of the United States on three occasions on emerging issues in water quality. He is a Fellow of the International Water Association and a member of the World Health Organization’s Drinking Water Advisory Panel.
He has served on several US EPA expert panels and is currently a member of the EPA’s Science Advisory Board drinking water committee and the US EPA’s Board of Scientific Counselors Sustainable Water committee.
He was a member of the US National Academy of Science’s National Research Council Committee on Water Reuse and currently serves on the WHO’s guiding committee on development of potable reuse guidelines. Dr. Snyder has also worked as a Visiting Professor at the National University of Singapore (2011-2017).
- H Wang, M Park, H Liang, S Wu, IJ Lopez, W Ji, G Li, SA Snyder. (2017). Reducing ultrafiltration membrane fouling during potable water reuse using pre-ozonation. Water Research, 125, 42-51.
- M Park, T Anumol, KD Daniels, S Wu, AD Ziska, SA Snyder. (2017). Predicting trace organic compound attenuation by ozone oxidation: Development of indicator and surrogate models. Water Research, 119, 21-32.
- M Park, T Anumol, J Simon, F Zraick, SA Snyder. (2017). Pre-ozonation for high recovery of nanofiltration (NF) membrane system: Membrane fouling reduction and trace organic compound attenuation. Journal of Membrane Science, 535, 255-263.
- T Anumol, M Sgroi, M Park, P Roccaro, SA Snyder. (2015). Predicting trace organic compound breakthrough in granular activated carbon using fluorescence and UV absorbance as surrogates. Water Research, 76, 76-87.
- M Sgroi, P Roccaro, GL Oelker, SA Snyder. (2014). N-Nitrosodimethylamine formation upon ozonation and identification of precursors source in a municipal wastewater treatment plant. Environmental Science & Technology, 48(17), 10308-10315.