I am comparing fossil and sedimentological archives. Convinced that the co-evolution of life and rocks through time will help resolving major questions about life inner workings and past climatic, environmental and oceanographic changes, I intend to develop innovative scientific projects, bridging disciplines, on various aspects of paleontology and sedimentology, with a special focus on the foraminiferal evolution over the Phanerozoic. The scientific questions I would like to address are:
• When and why did major foraminiferal radiations and extinctions occur?
• What controls the spatial and temporal distribution of foraminifers?
• How do foraminiferal tests reflect the biological and genetic complexity?
I therefore focus my research on questioning, refining and expanding our current knowledge on the taxonomy, evolution, phylogeny, ecology, biology, and geographic and stratigraphic distribution of foraminifers through time and space, with the final objective of constraining controls and mechanisms involved in life development and evolution and anticipating future impacts on life and climate.
- Rigaud, S. and Blau, J. (2016). Discovery of non-oberhauserellid Robertinida in the Early Jurassic of Adnet, Austria: significance for the long term evolution of Foraminifera.. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica, 61, 721-734.
- Rigaud, S., Vachard, D., Schlagintweit, F. and Martini, R. (2016). New lineage of Triassic aragonitic Foraminifera and reassessment of the class Nodosariata.. Journal of Systematic Palaeontology, 14, 919–938.
- Rigaud, S. and Schlagintweit, F. (2016). Initiation of a reversal to uniseriality in the polymorphinid Nodocantabricus duplexmurus n. gen., n. sp.: a double-layered Foraminifera from the lower-middle Cenomanian of Cantabria, N-Spain.. Cretaceous Research, 63, 14–22.
- Rigaud, S. and Martini, R. (2016). Agglutinated or Porcelaneous tests: where to draw the line?. Journal of Foraminiferal Research, 46, 433-444.
- Schlagintweit, F. and Rigaud, S. (2015). Rajkanella hottingerinaformis n. gen., n. sp., a new larger benthic foraminifer from the middle-upper Cenomanian of Kosovo. Cretaceous Research, 56, 193-199.