|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Kim Soojin
Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences
|Dr. Kim joined the Public Policy and Global Affairs (PPGA) Programme, School of Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in January 2016. She received her Ph.D. from the School of Public Affairs and Administration, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey at Newark Campus in 2015. She holds Bachelor of Law (Economics as Minor) from Ewha Womans University and two MPA (Master of Public Administration) degrees from the University of Georgia and Seoul National University. Prior to her current appointment, she has taught several graduate-level courses as an independent lecturer at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.|
Her current research interests include Public Budgeting and Financial Management, New Institutionalism, Contracting Out (Back-in), Public-Private Partnerships, and Quantitative/Qualitative Research Method and Analysis.
She teaches Public Budgeting and Financial Management, Statistical Foundations for PA and Policy, Economic Issues for Public Decision Making, and Designing and Conducting Qualitative Research at Undergraduate level; Public Budgeting Systems (MPA), Strategic Management in the Public Sector (MPA), and Qualitative Research Methods (PhD) at Graduate level at NTU.
|Public Budgeting and Finance|
Financial Management and Performance
Contracting Out of Public Services
Institutional Arrangements in Policy Choices
- Exploring the Determinants of Better Financial Performance in the Public Sector: In Pursuit of New Evidence
- Preparing Public Affairs (PA) Students for Future Public Service: Examining a Long-term Change of Students' Public Service Perceptions, Values, and Propensity in Singapore and the World
- Towards Financially Effective Service Delivery: International Evidence on Public-Private Partnerships
- Kim, S. & Kwa, K. (2020). A Closer Look at Risk Factors for Public-Private Partnerships in Singapore: Six Case Studies. Asian Journal of Political Science, forthcoming, In press.
- Kim, S., Lee, Y. & Kim, T. (2020). The Relationship between Fiscal Decentralization and Trust in Government: Evidence from the Korean Case. International Review of Administrative Sciences, forthcoming, In press.
- Rho, E., Kim, S. & Han, S. (2020). Taking Context and Strategy Seriously: The Contracting Out Decision in the U.S. Public Education. Public Management Review, forthcoming, In press.
- Kim, S., Chung, I., & Eom, T. (2020). Institutional Differences and Local Government Performance: Evidence from Property Tax Assessment Quality. Public Performance and Management Review, 43(2), 388-413.
- Kim, S. & Kwa, K. (2019). Exploring Public-Private Partnerships in Singapore: The Success-Failure Continuum. Abingdon: UK; New York, NY: Routledge.