|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Kim Soojin
Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences
Phone: +65 65138179
Office: HSS 05 02 (PPGA)
|Dr. Kim joined the Public Policy and Global Affairs (PPGA) Programme, School of Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in January 2016. She received her Ph.D. from the School of Public Affairs and Administration, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey at Newark Campus in 2015. She holds Bachelor of Law (Economics as Minor) from Ewha Womans University and two MPA (Master of Public Administration) degrees from the University of Georgia and Seoul National University. Prior to her current appointment, she has taught several graduate-level courses as an independent lecturer at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.|
Her current research interests include Public Budgeting and Financial Management, New Institutionalism, Contracting Out (Back-in), Public-Private Partnerships, and Quantitative/Qualitative Research Method and Analysis.
She teaches Public Budgeting and Financial Management, Statistical Foundations for PA and Policy, Economic Issues for Public Decision Making, and Designing and Conducting Qualitative Research at Undergraduate level; Public Budgeting Systems (MPA), Strategic Management in the Public Sector (MPA), and Qualitative Research Methods (PhD) at Graduate level at NTU.
|Public Budgeting and Finance|
Financial Management and Performance
Contracting Out of Public Services
Institutional Arrangements in Policy Choices
- Exploring the Determinants of Better Financial Performance in the Public Sector: In Pursuit of New Evidence
- Preparing Public Affairs (PA) Students for Future Public Service: Examining a Long-term Change of Students' Public Service Perceptions, Values, and Propensity in Singapore and the World
- Towards Financially Effective Service Delivery: International Evidence on Public-Private Partnerships
- Kim, S. & Choi, Y. (2019, June). Understanding Public-Private Partnerships for Water Services in Asia: Evidence from South Korea and Singapore. Paper presented at IIAS-Lien 2019 Conference, Singapore.
- Kim, S., Chung, I., & Eom, T. (2019). Institutional Differences and Local Government Performance: Evidence from Property Tax Assessment Quality. Public Performance and Management Review, accepted, In press.
- Kim, S.(2019). Women’s Representativeness in Government and Politics, Korea. Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance(forthcoming). SpringerMeteor.
- Kim, S. & Rho, E. (2019, April). What Drives the Contract Back-In: Comparing South Korea and Singapore. Paper presented at the 23rd Annual International Research Society for Public Management (IRSPM) Conference, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Kim, S.(2019). Understanding and Operationalizing Financial Accountability in Government Contracting Systems. Global Encyclopedia of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Governance(forthcoming). Springer International Publishing.
« Back to Category Write-up