|Yoo Seongwoo received his BSc from Hanyang university, Seoul, Korea, in 1999 as a Baeknam scholarship holder and subsequently his MSc and PhD from Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea, in 2001 and 2005, respectively for his study on special fibre design and fabrication. In 2004, he joined the Optoelectronic Research Centre (ORC), Univeristy of Southampton, UK, as a research assistant and, then as a post-doctoral research fellow in 2005. During his stay in the ORC, his research has centred on special fibre development for high power fibre lasers and amplifiers. In 2011, he joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological Univerisity.|
- Rex Xiao Tan, Daryl Ho, Chun Ho Tse, Seong Woo Yoo, Swee Chuan Tjin, Morten Ibsen. (2018). Bragg Grating Inscribed C-Shape Optical Fiber for Temperature and Strain Insensitive Refractive Index Sensing. 6th International Symposium on Sensor Science and 4th SPINTECH Technology Thesis Award.
- Junhua Ji, Huaiqin Lin, Raghuraman Sidharthan, Daryl Ho, Yanyan Zhou, Nan Xia, Johan Nilsson. (2018). Large-mode-area Fiber with Non-circular Cores. Optoelectronics and Communications Conference (OECC 2018).
- R. Sidharthan, S. H. Lim, K. J. Lim, D. Ho, C. H. Tse, J. Ji, H. Li, Y. M. Seng, S. L. Chua and S. Yoo. (2018). Fabrication of Low Loss Low-NA highly Yb-doped Aluminophosphosilicate Fiber for High Power Fiber Lasers. CLEO 2018.
- Junhua Ji, Raghuraman Sidharthan, Xiaosheng Huang, Jichao Zang, Daryl Ho, Yehuda Benudiz, Udi Ben Ami, Amiel Ishaaya, Seongwoo Yoo. (2018). 115 W Large-mode-area Multi-core Fiber Laser with All Solid Structure. CLEO 2018.
- Yuhao Chen, Raghuraman Sidharthan, Daryl Ho, Dingyuan Tang, Seongwoo Yoo. (2018). Normal dispersion thulium fiber for ultrafast near-2 µm fiber laser. CLEO 2018.