|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Ross Adrian Williams
Assistant Professor, School of Art, Design and Media
|Before coming to NTU Ross Williams was the senior lead instructor in audio production and post-production in the Digital Film and Interactive Media Departments at the Art Institute of New York City. He completed his Masters and Doctorate in Musical Arts at Rice University in Houston, Texas. An Australian born sound designer and composer, Ross has composed and sound designed for theatre, museum installation and award winning independent feature and short films, as well as numerous concert works.|
|Implementation of audio stimuli to improve effectiveness of Robotic Motor Training to enhance Motor Control in Hemiplegia.|
A collaboration with Dr Dylan Edwards, the Director of the Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation and Human Motor Control Laboratory at the Burke Research Institute/ Cornell Medical School in New York. We are investigating the use of sound/music stimuli to improve the outcomes of stroke patients undergoing robotic motor training.
Aesthetics of sound design for fiction narrative, experimental and documentary film. Primarily practise based with a focus on multichannel implementation for desired aesthetic outcomes.
Spatialized sonification of Volcano infrasound: A collaboration (Tier 1) with Asst Prof. Benoit Tainse at the Asian School of the Environment (NTU)
Soundscapes as Cultural Heritage: Particularly urban soundscapes and assessing their potential cultural heritage value.
Sound, Memory and Image. Specifically does sound off screen sound evoke remembered visual images when experiencing film in 2d and VR.
- Age of Unreason (Working): Interactive Multimedia Work for Live String Quintet, Abstract Documentary Film Images and Medical Purposed Sound Design
- Tangible/Intangible: Exploring the possibilities of capturing multi-sensory impressions to create immersive Virtual Reality environments, exemplified with the forking path structure of the Yunnan Garden at NTU.
- Unheard, Unseen: Sound and Memory in Sound Design for Narrative Film in 2D and VR
- Virtual Reality for the Lost Singaporean Film Pontianak (1957). A Case Study to Explore Virtual Reality Environments for Singapore’s Cinematic Heritage.
- Reinhuber, E., Seide, B., & Williams, R. (2020). The Garden of Changes – an approach to embrace the forking path structure of the former Yunnan Garden in Virtual Reality. Amps Architecture_Media_Politics_Society CONNECTIONS: EXPLORING HERITAGE, ARCHITECTURE, CITIES, ART, MEDIA.
- Reinhuber, E., Seide, B., & Williams, R. (2020). Remembrances of a tropical garden as Virtual Reality experience, explored in two different approaches. KuI 2020 – 18th International Conference on Culture and Computer Science.
- Williams, Ross Adrian. (2019). Sound As Equal Partner in Film Production: Can Academic Instruction Change Industry Practice?. Ars et Praxis, (VI), 183-192.
- Benjamin Seide, Ross Williams, Elke Reinhuber,. (2019). Proceedings of the 25th International Symposium on Electronic Art: The Gone Garden VR Experience – An Impressionistic Representation as Virtual Heritage Reconstruction. ISEA 2019 (pp. 291-296)South Korea: ISEA2019 Gwangju LUX AETERNA.
- Elke Reinhuber, Benjamin Seide, Ross Williams. (2019). Art Machines: International Symposium on Computational Media Art Proceedings: The 360° video Secret Detours as case study to convey experiences through immersive media and the method of presentation. International Symposium on Computational Media Art (ISCMA) 2019 (pp. 167-68)Hong Kong: School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong.
« Back to Category Write-up