|A/Prof. S.N. Piramanayagam has an experience of 25+ years in the field of magnetism with research topics ranging from amorphous magnetic alloys for energy applications, permanent magnetic materials to thin films and nanostructures for recording and spintronics applications. His current interest lies in the inter-dsciplinary areas of magnetism, electronics and nanotechnology. His research aims to gain understanding and solve issues related to areas such as Spintronics, Magnetic Recording and Energy. |
A/Prof. S.N. Piramanayagam is a senior member of IEEE. He played an active role in forming the IEEE Magnetics Society Singapore Chapter and in making it as a platform to create interaction within the magnetics community of Singapore and with the community overseas. He serves as an editor of IEEE Transactions on Magnetics and as an editorial board member of various journals such as Scientific reports (Nature publishing Group), Physica Status Solidi-RRL, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters etc. He also served as the chair of IEEE Magnetics Society Technical Committee from 2013-2016. He chaired the recent Intermag conference held in Singapore in 2018.
A/Prof S.N. Piramanayagam has more than 160 publications in ISI journals, filed several patents and edited a book titled “Developments in Data Storage: Materials Perspective”. Nine PhD students and several FYP and Masters students have graduated under his supervision. Currently, he is supervising three PhD students at NTU. He also conducts courses to industry partners. He has also delivered talks in Summer Schools organized by IEEE Magnetics Society and Winter School organized under University of York-Thailand cooperative program.
More information can be obtained from the following external websites:
Orcid : http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3178-2960
Laboratory page: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/prem/spinlab/
Intermag 2018: http://www.intermag2018.com/
- R. Sbiaa, Al Bahri, M. and S.N. Piramanayagam. (2018). Domain wall oscillation in magnetic nanowire with a geometrically confined region. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 456, 324-328.
- D. Kumar, S. Gupta, J.L. Jin, R. Nongjai, K. Asokan, and S.N. Piramanayagam. (2018). Modification of Structural and Magnetic Properties of Masked Co-Pt Films Induced by High-Energy Ion Implantation. IEEE Magnetics Letters, 9, 4500305.
- D. Kumar, S. Gupta, J.L. Jin, R. Nongjai, K. Asokan, and S.N. Piramanayagam. (2018). Tailoring the structural and magnetic properties of masked CoPt thin films using ion implantation. AIP Advances, 8(5), 056504.
- S. Gupta, D. Kumar, J.L. Jin, R. Nongjai, K. Asokan, A. Ghosh, M. Aparnadevi P. Suri and S.N. Piramanayagam. (2018). Broadband strip-line ferromagnetic resonance spectroscopy of soft magnetic CoFeTaZr patterned thin films. AIP Advances, 8(5), 056125.
- T. Dutta, S.N. Piramanayagam, M.S.M. Saifullah, R.H. Tan, H. Yang and C.S. Bhatia. (2018). Exchange coupled CoPt/FePtC media for heat assisted magnetic recording. Applied Physics Letters, 112(14), 142411.