|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Preman Rajalingam
Assistant Dean, Educational Development and Senior Lecturer, Medical Education, Lee Kong Chian Schoo
Assistant Dean (Educational Development)
Phone: +65 65923097
Office: Mandalay CSB 07 (North Wing)
|Dr Preman Rajalingam is the Assistant Dean for Educational Development and Senior Lecturer in Medical Education at LKCMedicine. He has master’s degrees in Biomedical Engineering (The University of Queensland, 2004) and Education Research Methods (The University of Western Australia, 2007). He received his Ph.D. in Education Psychology from Monash University, Australia in 2012. |
Dr Rajalingam started his career as an engineer but quickly realised he’d rather be an educator. He is a passionate advocate of active and student -centred approaches to learning, and an expert in the pedagogy of higher education; in particular Problem-Based Learning (PBL) and Team-Based Learning (TBL). Prior to joining LKCMedicine he was a pioneering staff at the Republic Polytechnic, where he helped launch the Diploma in Biomedical Electronics, and also at the Duke-NUS medical school, where he was active in medical education evaluation and scholarship.
Having joined LKCMedicine in 2012, Dr Rajalingam was instrumental in setting up the TBL approach used at this institution. His other responsibilities include educational development, consulting on curriculum development and e-learning, and scholarship in medical education. As an expert in higher education, he regularly conducts local and international workshops on how to effectively employ innovative teaching methods within various subject disciplines.
|Current research interests include TBL, the psychology and neuroscience underpinning active learning approaches, and the evolving roles of teachers in higher education.|
- Evaluating Very Short Answer (VSA) questions for assessment in Team Based Learning
- Gamification of Research methodology course for Enhanced Efficacy (GREE)
- Maximising active learning in the TBL classroom through analytics of Readiness Assurance Questions
- Technologies for 21st Century Learning and Education
- Technology Enhanced Burning Questions: Optimising ClassroomDiscussions to Promote Comprehension and Criticial Thinking
- Chua, Y. H. V., Rajalingam, P., Tan, S. C., Dauwels, J. (2019). EduBrowser: A multimodal automated monitoring system for co-located collaborative learning. 8th International conference on Learning Technology for Education Challenges (LTEC 2019).
« Back to Category Write-up