|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Zhao Ou
Assistant Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
|Dr Zhao Ou is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received his B.Eng. degree from Central South University, China in 2011, and M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees from Imperial College London in 2012 and 2015, respectively. Prior to joining NTU in 2016, he was a Research Fellow at Imperial College London and KU Leuven. He also received the Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO) Postdoctoral Fellowship in 2016. His principal research interests lie in the areas of stainless steel structures, high strength steel structures, concrete-filled steel tubular structures and fire engineering. He has published over 35 international journal and conference papers, and received the Best Paper Award in the Sixth International Conference on Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation (SEMC 2016). He has often been invited as a reviewer for Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Engineering Structures, Thin-Walled Structures, Construction and Building Materials, and Structures. He is a member of EN 1993-1-4 Working Group for stainless steel structures.|
|Dr Zhao Ou’s current research interests include:|
1) Structural behaviour of stainless steel tubular and open section members at room and elevated temperatures
2) Structural behaviour of high strength steel open section members at room and elevated temperatures
3) Structural behaviour of 2D and 3D high strength steel frames in fire
4) Fire and post-fire performance of concrete-filled stainless steel tube structures
5) Structural performance of concrete-encased concrete-filled steel tubular columns and joints
- Buckling behaviour of high strength steel open section members at room and elevated temperatures
- Engineering Software for Eurocode Element Design and Detailing of Industrial Precast Components
- Regency Steel Asia Research Project on High Strength Steel in Sustainable Construction
- Structural performance of a novel concrete-steel composite system – recycled aggregate concrete-filled stainless steel tube (RACFSST)
- An He, Ou Zhao. (2019). Experimental and numerical investigations of concrete-filled stainless-steel tube stub-columns under partial compression. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 154, 293-305.
- An He, Yating Liang, Ou Zhao. (2019). Experimental and numerical studies of austenitic stainless steel CHS stub columns after exposed to elevated temperatures. Thin-Walled Structures, 154, 293-305.
- Liang Y, Zhao O, Long Y, Gardner L. (2018). Stainless steel channel sections under combined compression and minor axis bending–part 2: parametric studies and design. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, .
- Liang Y, Zhao O, Long Y, Gardner L. (2018). Stainless steel channel sections under combined compression and minor axis bending–Part 1: Experimental study and numerical modelling. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, .
« Back to Category Write-up