|Dr. Fernando is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Computer Engineering at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research interests involve Human-Computer Interaction, Multimodal Interfaces & Interactive Systems, Natural Interfaces, and Entertainment & Mobile Computing. He has published his works in highly competitive Journals (MIT Press’ journal “Presence,” Oxford Press’ journal “Interacting with Computers,” and “IEEE Trans. Syst. Man and Cybern.”) and prestigious conferences (ACM DIS, ACM CSCW, IEEE ISMAR, and ACM SIGGRAPH). His research was received several international awards, including awards from Laval Virtual Revolution and Nokia UbiMedia MindTrek. Dr. Fernando has been the recipient of the Japanese Government (MEXT: Monbukagakusho) Scholarship. Currently he serves as Associate Editor for Entertainment Computing (Elsevier) and has previously served as guest editor of the AHCI journal and Associate Editor for ACM CiE: Computers in Entertainment.|
- Hualin Liu, Owen Noel Newton Fernando, Jagath C Rajapakse. (2018). ICARCV : 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision: Predicting Affective States of Programming Using Keyboard Data and Mouse Behaviors. ICARCV : 15th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (pp. 1408-1413)Singapore: ICARCV 2018.
- May O Lwin, Santosh Vijaykumar, Gentatsu Lim, Owen Noel Newton Fernando, Vajira Sampath Rathnayake, Schubert Foo. (2015). Baseline Evaluation of a Participatory Mobile Health Intervention for Dengue Prevention in Sri Lanka. Health Education & Behavior, 2015.
- Zhu, K., Nii, H., Fernando, O.N.N, Koh, J.T.K.V., Aue, K., Cheok, A.D. (2013). Designing Interactive Paper-Craft Systems with Selective Inductive Power Transmission. Interacting with Computers, 25 (2)(2), 143-153.
- Peiris, L.R., Koh, J.T.K.V, Tharakan, M.L., Fernando, O.N.N, Cheok, A.D. (2013). AmbiKraf Byobu: Merging Technology with Traditional Craft. Interacting with Computers, 25 (2)(2), 173-182.
- Cohen, M., Bolhassan, N.A., Fernando, O.N.N. (2007). A Multiuser Multiperspective Stereographic QTVR Browser Complemented by Java3D Visualizer and Emulator. Presence, 16 (4)(4), 414-438.