|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Nilay Saiya
Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences
Phone: +65 65921717
Office: HSS 06 03
|Nilay Saiya is assistant professor of public policy and global affairs at Nanyang Technological University. He holds research interests in religion and global politics, international security and American foreign policy. His work has been published in journals such as Conflict Management and Peace Science, Terrorism and Political Violence, Social Science Computer Review, Political Research Quarterly, Middle East Policy, and PS: Political Science and Politics. In 2018, he published the book Weapon of Peace: How Religious Liberty Combats Terrorism with Cambridge University Press. |
Prior to joining NTU, he served as director of international studies and assistant professor of political science at the State University of New York. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame.
|He holds teaching and research interests in the areas of international security, American foreign policy and religion and global affairs.|
- The Effect of State Repression on Terrorism
- Nilay Saiya. (2018). "Confronting Apocalyptic Terrorism: Lessons from France and Japan". Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, , 1-21.
- Nilay Saiya. (2018). Weapon of Peace: How Religious Liberty Combats Terrorism. Cambridge University Press.
- Nilay Saiya, Joshua Fidler. (2018). "Taking God Seriously: The Struggle Against Extremism". Middle East Policy, 25(1), 80-95.
- Nilay Saiya. (2017). "Blasphemy and Terrorism in the Muslim World". Terrorism and Political Violence, 29(6), 1087-1105.
- Nilay Saiya, Tasneem Zaihra, and Joshua Fidler. (2017). "Testing the Hillary Doctrine: Women's Rights and Anti-American Terrorism". Political Research Quarterly, 70(2), 421-433.
« Back to Category Write-up