|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Xiao Zhongmin
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Prof Xiao Zhongmin is currently in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering since 1991. He received his Bachelor degree in Engineering Mechanics from University of Science and Technology of China, Master and Ph.D. degrees from Retgers University, USA. His research interests include Nano and micro mechanics of composite materials, elastic-plastic fracture mechanics of aerospace materials and other advanced engineering materials, and failure analysis for offshore structuresand. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 80 top quality international conference and journal papers.|
|Nano and Micro Mechanics of interacting defects in Composite Materials;
Elastic-plastic Fracture Mechanics for Engineering Structures and Materials;
Failure Analysis and Prevention of Aerospace Structures, Offshore Structures and Related Materials.
- YM Zhang, WG Zhang, M Fan and ZM Xiao. (2018). On the mechanical behaviours of a craze in particulate-polymer composites. Philosophical Magazine, 98(15), 1376-1396.
- YM Zhang, ZM Xiao and J Luo. (2018). Fatigue crack growth investigation on offshore pipelines with three-dimensional interacting cracks. Geoscience Frontiers, .
- M. Fan, Y. M. Zhang, Z. M. Xiao. (2017). Small scale yielding analysis for a disclination-nucleated Zener-Stroh crack interacting with a circular inclusion. International Journal of Damage Mechanics, 26(4), 541-559.
- M Fan, YM Zhang and ZM Xiao. (2017). The interface effect of a nano-inhomogeneity on the fracture behavior of a crack and the nearby edge dislocation. International Journal of Damage Mechanics, 26(3), 480-497.
- M.Z. Ariffin, Y.M. Zhang, Z.M. Xiao. (2017). Elastic-plastic fracture response of multiple 3-D interacting cracks in offshore pipelines subjected to large plastic strains. Engineering Failure Analysis, 76, 19.
« Back to Category Write-up