|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Yeo Song Huat
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Dr. Yeo joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at NTU in 1992 and is currently an Associate Professor. He received both his B.Sc and Ph.D degrees from the University of Birmingham (UK) in 1983 and 1987 respectively. He has conducted research in mechanics of gripping, mechanism synthesis, kinematics of parallel robots and expert systems. As a post-doctoral research fellow at the University of Birmingham, he worked on an industrial project on the design and development of computer-controlled high-speed confectionery packaging systems. His research interests are in cable-driven mechanisms, synthesis of mechanisms, wearable haptic devices, and kinematics of reconfigurable robots. Dr. Yeo has published more than 80 technical articles in refereed international journals and conferences. He was voted by students for MAE Teacher of the Year Award in 1998.|
|Dr. Yeo's areas of expertise are in robotics and mechanisms. His current research works focus on cable-driven mechanisms, motion capture system, and modular robots.|
- An Integrated Design Approach for High-Precision Manipulators
- Commercial Prototype of Robotic Inspection Platform
- DEVELOPMENT OF A ROBOTIC SYSTEM FOR LARGE DIAMETER SEWERS
- Development of a Robotic System for Large Diameter Sewerage System Inspection
- Dexterous Cable - driven Manipulator with variable Stiffness for Industrial Applications
- Phase 2: Development of A Robotic System for Large Diameter Sewers (Prototype Stage)
- Remote Monitoring of Rehabilitation in Patients
- Robotic End-Effectors with Integrated Perception for Professional Services
- SHARP Grant - Development and POC of Intelligent Surgical Instrument Management (iSIM)
- Validation Study of Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) as a low-cost substitute for high-fidelity CPR-training manikins
- LPH Toh, A Causo, PW Tzuo, IM Chen, SH Yeo. (2016). A Review on the Use of Robots in Education and Young Children. Educational Technology & Society, 19(2), 148–163.
- Wei Chuan LAW, I-Ming CHEN, Song Huat YEO, Gim Lee SEET, Kin Huat LOW. (2015, October). A Study of In-pipe Robots for Maintenance of Large-Diameter Sewerage Tunnel. Paper presented at 14th World Congress in Mechanism and Machine Science, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Albert Causo, Giang Truong Vo, I-Ming Chen, Song Huat Yeo. (2015). Design of Robots Used As Education Companion and Tutor. ISRM 2015 - The 4th IFTOMM International Symposium on Robotics and Mechatronics.
- Albert Causo, Truong Giang Vo, Lai Poh Emily Toh, I-Ming Chen, Song Huat YEO, Pei Wen Tzuo. (2015). Developing and Benchmarking Show & Tell Robotic Puppet for Preschool Education. ICRA 2015 - International Conference on Robotics & Automation.
- IM Chen, WT Yang, A Causo, SH Yeo.(2015). Human Interface of Mobile Robot for Posture. In Marco Ceccarelli and Emin Faruk Kececi(Ed), Designs and Prototypes of Mobile Robots(135-164). ASME Press.
« Back to Category Write-up