|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Chan Weng Kong
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Phone: +65 67905497
Office: N3 02C 80
|Dr Chan Weng Kong obtained his Bachelor of Engineering (Hon.) from the National University of Singapore and his Dr.Ing from ENSAM (Paris). He is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. He teaches fluid mechanics related courses in the school. He has more than a hundred international refereed conference publications and journal papers.|
|His research interests are analytical and experimental fluid mechanics. This includes investigations of flow in turbomachineries, design of assist devices and investigations of flow patterns in ventricular assist devices. Other research areas include the modeling of slip flow in micro-channels and start-up flows in nano-channels.|
- Development of a novel pulsatile miniature pump for cardiovascular and pharmaceutical applications
- N. Kashaninejad, W.K. Chan, N.T. Nguyen. (2012). Eccentricity effect of micropatterned surface on contact angle. Langmuir, 28(10), 4793–4799.
- Shu Jian Jun, Yong KY and Chan WK. (2012). An improved scoring matrix for multiple sequence alignment. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2012(490649), 1-9.
- Shu Jian Jun, Yong KY and Chan WK. (2011). Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6784, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Computational Science and its Applications: Lecture notes in computer science: Multiple DNA sequence alignment using joint weight matrix. The 11th International Conference on Computational Science and its Applications (pp. 668-675)Santander, Spain: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Teo JB, Chan WK, Wong YW. (2010). Prediction of leakage flow in a research centrifugal blood pump. Artificial Organs, 34(9), 788 - 791.
- Chan W.K., Ooi K.T., Loh Y C. (2007). Numerical and in-vitro investigations of pressure rise in a new hydrodynamic blood bearing. Artificial Organs, 31(6), 434-440.
« Back to Category Write-up