|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ng Teng Yong
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Dr Ng Teng Yong joined NTU as an Assistant Professor in November 2002. Prior to that, he was Research Manager at the A*STAR Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC). His research interest is in numerical modeling and simulation. He is currently in the Aerospace Engineering Division of the School of MAE, and he was promoted to Associate Professor in 2005.|
|Variational and Finite Element Techniques for Structural Analysis; Dynamic Stability, Vibration and Control of Plates and Shells; Composite Laminates and Functionally Graded Materials; Smart Materials: Piezoelectric / Magnetostrictive / Shape Memory Alloys; Development of Meshless (Element-Free) Techniques; Mathematical Modeling of Hydrogel-Based BioMEMS Devices; Computational Nano-Science - Multiscale Simulation; Modeling and Simulation of Quantum Dot Growth and Characteristics; Chaos and Control of Nonlinear Dynamic Systems; Structural Optimization - via Genetic Algorithms (GA); Nanomedicine Modeling (Nanoparticle Drug/Gene Delivery Systems)|
- 3D Printing of UAV Structural Components
- Gastric Clip for Treating Obesity & Metabolic Disorders
- Harnessing Cloud Computing And Massively Parallel Molecular Dynamics Simulators To Investigate The Properties Of Advanced Ultralight Materials
- Harnessing cloud computing and massively parallel molecular dynamics simulators to investigate the properties of advanced ultralight materials
- Lattice Boltzmann simulation and experimental study of aeroacoustic damping of Helmholtz cavity-backed perforated orifices in combustion systems (LBADH)
- Toh W, Ng TY and Liu ZS.(2013). Non-Linear Large Deformation Kinetics of Polymeric Gels. In Lu GX and Zhang QM(Ed), Advances in Engineering Plasticity XI Book Series: Key Engineering Materials.Trans Tech Publications, Durnten-Zurich, Switzerland.
- Ng TY, Li H, Pan LS, Xu D and Lam KY.(2008). Simulation of Micro-Fluidic Liquid and Gas Flows in MEMS. In Aluru N, Cercignani C, Frangi A and Mukherjee S(Ed), Advances in Multiphysics Simulation of MEMS and NEMS.Imperial College Press, London, United Kingdom.
- Ng TY, Yeak SH and Ren YX.(2007). Multiscale Modelling of Carbon Nanostructures. In Z. Xiao Guo(Ed), Multiscale Materials Modelling.Woodhead Publishing, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Li H, Lam KY and Ng TY. (2005). Studies in Applied Mechanics – Rotating Shell Dynamics. Elsevier, United Kingdom.
- Fan XJ, Nhan PT, Ng TY, Wu XH and Xu D.(2002). Nano and Micro Channel Flows of Biomolecular Suspension. In Francis E. H. Tay and Stephen D. Senturia(Ed), MICROSYSTEMS Vol. 10 – Microfluidics and BioMEMS Applications.Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherlands.
« Back to Category Write-up