|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Sridhar Idapalapati
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Phone: +65 67904784
Office: N3 02B 37
|Assoc Prof. Sridhar Idapalapati is with the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engg since June 2001. He received his Bachelor's Degree with Gold Medal in Mechanical Engineering from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University JNTU (India), Master of Technology from IIT Kanpur and Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge (UK) respectively. He was awarded Cambridge Nehru Fellowship and Overseas Research Studentship for PhD work at Cambridge. His research interests broadly in mechanics of materials include sandwich structures, failure analysis, powder consolidation, composite materials and contact mechanics. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 52 journal papers and presented over 45 conference presentations. He has written 5 books chapters. A/Prof. Sridhar had received research funding from MoE AcRF Tier 1, DSO, MINDEF via TL@NTU, Vestas, MPA for his research work. He has been regular reviewer for several international journals including Journal of mechanics & physics of solids, Journal of Composite Materials, Materials Science & Engg (A & B), International Journal of Mechanical sciences, Journal of Materials Research. He supervised 4 PhD students as main supervisor and another 4 as co-supervisor and 1 MEng students till 2007. Currently, 3 PhD students' dissertations are under examination. |
A/Prof. Sridhar Idapalapati has good rapport with his students. A/Prof. Sridhar won MAE Teacher of the Year Awards in 2009 and 2010, respectively. He is also the recipient of 2009 Nanyang Award for Excellence in Teaching. He is also the currently Advisor to MAE's unique Leadership Development Programme (LDP) and TEDxNTU team. TEDxNTU team had received Nanyang Award for team work in 2012. He is a member of University Senate (2012-14) and contributed to it as a member of sub-committee on Policy Matters.
|Mechanics of Materials; Failure Ananlysis; composites consolidation with CNTs; Optimal Sandwich Panels design as protective structures; Nanoindentation and contact mechanics especially for adhesion; bone fracture fixation|
- A Novel Active Compliant Polishing Tool
- An investigation on the influence of residual stresses and cold work on fatigue performance
- Design and Failure Analysis of Hybrid Composite Materials
- Efficient Low Flow Wind Turbine
- Investigation of Biaxial Material Characteristics of Fibre Reinforced Plastic Composites
- Numerical Simulation for Advanced Weld Screening Techniques for Fatigue Damages Using Ultrasonic Welded Guided Waves
- Performance of Kagome Core Sandwich Structures Produced by Additive Manufacturing
- Research Work on Fatigue Response of Adhesive Bonded T-Joints under Flexural Fatigue With and Without Defects
- Research Work on Interfacial Fracture Energy Characterization and Damage Tolerance of Sandwich Composites
- Role of Surface Modification on Sub-Surface of Nickel-based Superalloys
- Smart Sensing Wind Turbine Blade
- Smart Sensing Wind Turbine Blade
- Sub-Project 2 - Study of Interface Defeat Phenomenon in Ceramic Armour
- Karthic R Narayanan, S Subbiah, I Sridhar* (Corresponding Author, I. Sridhar). (2011). Indentation of single crystal copper using rate independent crystal plasticity. Applied Physics A, 105, 453-461.
- Yi Dake, Xiao Zhongmin, Z Jiang, I Sridhar. (2011). On the plastic zone size and crack tip opening displacement of a sub-surface crack in an infinite bi-material plater. Philosophical Magazine, 91(26), 3456 – 3472.
- Kapil Mohan, Yip Tik Hon, Idapalapati Sridhar, Chen Zhong. (2011). Impact Response of Aluminum Foam Core Sandwich Structures. Materials Science And Engineering A-Structural Materials Properties Microstructure And Processing, 529, 94-101.
- Karthic R. Naraynan, I. Sridhar, S. Subbiah. (2010). Effect of Cold Work on the Mechanical Response of Drawn Ultra-Fine Gold Wire. Computational Materials Science, 49(1S), 119-125.
- Liao Jinzhi, Tan Ming Jen, Idapalapati Sridhar. (2010). Spark Plasma Sintered Multiwall Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Aluminum Matrix Composites. Materials and Design, 31(S1), 96-100.
« Back to Category Write-up