|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Rajesh Piplani
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Dr. Rajesh Piplani is the director of M.Sc. (Supply Chain & Logistics) programat NTU. He obtained his M.S. in Industrial Engineering from Arizona State University in 1990, and his Ph. D. from Purdue University in 1995. Dr. Piplani is listed in Marquis Who is Who in Science and Engineering in USA (1998-1999).|
He has over seven years of industry experience in India and USA in the areas of Supply-chain management and production planning of power plant equipment and semiconductor fabrication facilities. Since 1998, he has been on the faculty of NTU.
He is Program Manager, Integrated Manufacturing and Service Systems (IMSS) for Singapore funding agency A*Star, managing the SGD 8 Million program. He is an associate consultant with Y3 Technologies. He also sits on the eSCM council of Singapore Manufacturers Association and council of Supply Management Institute of Germany.
|Dr. Piplani's interests are in the area of supply chain management of manufacturing enterprises, supply chain coordination, reverse logistics and design and analysis of manufacturing systems.|
- Arrival-departure flow management coupled with surface management and runway optimization techniques
- Impact of Carbon Control on Operations and Supply Chain
- Interwoven cultures, exploring the perception of dress as an interface for new environments at the intersection of disciplines
- Machine Learning for Airport Management and Tower Control
- Reducing Excess Production of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient during Early-Phase Development
- Piplani, R. & A. Saraswat. (2012). Robust Optimization Approach to Design of Service Networks for Reverse Logistics. International Journal of Production Research, 50(5), 1424-1437.
- Mirzahossenian, H & R. Piplani. (2011). A Study of Repairable Parts Inventory System operating under Performance-based Contract,". European Journal of Operational Research, 214, 256-261.
- Zou Xuxia, Shaligram Pokharel, Piplani R. (2008). A two-period supply contract model for a decentralized assembly system. European Journal of Operational Research, 187(1), 257-274.
- S Viswanathan, Handik Widiarta, Piplani R. (2007). Value of Information Exchange and Synchronization in a Multi-Tier Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Research, 45, 5057-5074.
- Piplani R., Yonghui Fu. (2005). A coordination framework for supply chain inventory alignment. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 16(6), 598-614.
« Back to Category Write-up