|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Ong Lin Seng
Executive Director, Centre for Professional and Continuing Education
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Phone: +65 67905528
Office: N3 02C 76
|Dr. Ong is an Associate Professor with the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. since 1986. He received both Bachelor (1982) and Doctoral (1985) degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Strathclyde, UK.
He has two core research expertises. The first is the applied optics for engineering and midical applications and the second is the failure analysis of pressure vessel components and piping. He has published over 70 journal and conference papers. Two of his papers has won the Best Paper award. More significantly, three of his papers have been included in API RP 579 - Fitness-for-service Code as standard references. Academically, he has won the Best Teacher of the Year award in 2001. He interacts well with industry and is active in offering short courses for industrial engineers. He is a Fellow Member (FIMechE) and registered Chartered Engineer (CEng) of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
|(1) Applied optics for engineering and medical applications
(2) Stress and failure analyses of pressure vessel and piping
(3) Fitness-for-service for aging components in petro-chemical industry
(4) Micro-particles sorting and manipulation with optical forces
(5) Creep damage of components operating in high temperature
- Development of new generation of nasopharynoscope for assessing the upper airway in obstructive sleep apnoea
- Risk Assessment of Offshore Decommissioning Options
- Yi Di Boon, Sunil Chandrakant Joshi, Lin Seng Ong. (2019). Bimodulus-plastic model for pre-failure analysis of fiber reinforced polymer composites. Mechanics of Materials, 134, 18-29.
- Yi Di Boon, Sunil Chandrakant Joshi, Lin Seng Ong. (2018). Interfacial Bonding between CFRP and Mechanically-Treated Aluminum Liner Surfaces for Risers. Composite Structures, 188, 374-386.
- Yi Di Boon, Sunil Chandrakant Joshi, Lin Seng Ong. (2017). Procedia Engineering: Effects of Mechanical Surface Treatment on Bonding between Aluminum and Carbon/Epoxy Composites. Advances in Material & Processing Technologies Conference (pp. 552-559)Elsevier.
- Y. Y. Sun, X.-C. Yuan*, L. S. Ong, J. Bu, S. W. Zhu and R. Liu. (2007). Large-scale optical-traps-on-a-chip for optical sorting. Applied Physics Letters, 90.
- Y. Y. Sun, J. Bu, L. S. Ong and X.-C. Yuan*,. (2007). Simultaneous optical trapping of microparticles in multiple planes by a modified self-imaging effect on a chip. Applied Physics Letters, 91.
« Back to Category Write-up