|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Heng Kok Hui, John Gerard
Senior Lecturer, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Asst Prof John Heng is currently in the School of MAE since 1999. He received his Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineeing from Glasgow Univsity (1990), Master and Ph.D. degrees from the Strathclyde Unversity (1991, 1995) respectively. His research interests include accelerated rehabiliation using SEMG actuated orthosis, multi level haptic interface. His other area of interest include Mechatronics System design, Walking machines and Autonomous Vehicles. He has over 30 journal and conference publications in these research fields. He is a committee member of the Singapore IMechE Branch and is Vice President of the S'pore Robotics Games Society. He has served in organising and as a reviewer at several international conferences. The most recent being MSC 2007, SMC 2008 and AIM 2009.
More biography information can be found at http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/mkhheng/bio.htm
Automated physio-neuro rehabilitation platform for recovery of hand function after stroke (Smart)
Automated Neuro-Motor Stroke Rehabilitation Device - A Platform for Functional Recovery of Paralyzed Hand after Stroke (POC- NRF)
Wheel chair Gap Crossing mechanism (TRD – NRF)
Unified Platform for acceleration functional return with EMG orthosis for accelerated stroke rehabilitation. (NMRC)
SEMG/EEG driven orthosis for accelerated rehabilitation for stroke patients
Multi Level Haptics Systems
Other Research Interest Areas:
Legged vehicles, Autonnomous Vehicles
Mechanical and Mechatronics System Design
- Unified platform for accelerated functional return of grasping, wrist and forearm control in stroke patients with EMG actuated UE orthosis
- Subhasis Banerji, John Heng, P. S. Ponvignesh, Daphne D. Menezes.(2013). Augmenting Rehabilitation after Stroke: A Flexible Platform for Combining Multi-channel Biofeedback with FES. In José L. Pons, Diego Torricelli, Marta Pajaro(Ed), Biosystems & Biorobotics, ISSN: 2195-3562(259 - 263). Vol 1: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Subhasis Banerji, John Heng, PS Ponvignesh, Daphne D Menezes. (2012). Proceedings of 2012 International Conference on Neurorehabilitation: Augmenting rehabilitation after stroke: A flexible platform for combining multi-channel biofeedback with FES. International Conference on NeurorehabilitationSpain.
- Subhasis Banerji, Christopher Kuah, Dr. John Heng, Dr. Keng He Kong. (2012). A physio-neuro approach to accelerate functional recovery of impaired hand after stroke. International Symposium on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors, IRIS 2012.
- Subhasis Banerji, Christopher Kuah, John Heng, Keng He Kong. (2012). A physio-neuro approach to accelerate functional recovery of impaired hand after stroke. Procedia Engineering, 41, 257-263.
- Subhasis Banerji, John Heng, Barry Pereira. (2012). Unified EEG/SEMG platform for accelerated recovery of motor function after stroke. International Society for Electrophysiology and Kinesiology at their Annual Congress, ISEK 2012.
« Back to Category Write-up