|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Leong Kah Fai
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Leong Kah Fai is an associate professor in the School of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He obtained his B.Eng. (Mech.) with Honours from the National University of Singapore in 1981 and M.Sc. degrees in Engineering Product Design and Mechanical Engineering, from Stanford University in 1987. Prior to joining NTU, he has worked several years as a product development engineer and designer in the Singapore electronics industries. He was awarded the Merit Award in 1994 and Distinguished Award in 1997 for his contributions to the national standardisation program. He has co-authored four books, published several book chapters and more than 100 papers in international journals, conferences, and seminars in these areas. He has been invited as a keynote speaker for a number of premier conferences and has acted as reviewers for several journals, including Trends in Biotechnology, Biomaterials, International Journal of Product Development, etc. He is also the winner of the Emerald Highly Commended Award in Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2007 for his paper in Rapid Prototyping Journal,|
|His principal areas of research interests are in rapid prototyping and its applications in biomedical applications, including tissue engineering, product design and development science and design education.|
- 3D Printing for Sports Technology
- Ball Test
- Design Research to improve Outdoor Shuttlecock design under higher wind conditions
- Effects of Customized Insoles on Biomechanics during Walking in Military Boots
- Mechanical Testing of Footwear
- Polymer Matrix Composites Programme
- SIMTech-NTU Collaborative Joint Laboratory (3D Additive Manufacturing)
- SMG Innovation Centre@ISR
- Skiing Compression Garment
- Work Package 2 (Selective Laser Melting)
- Yeong WY, Sudarmadji N, Yu H, Chua CK, Leong KF, SV Subbu, FY Boey and Tan LP. (2010). Porous polycaprolactone scaffold for cardiac tissue engineering fabricated by selective laser sintering. Acta Biomaterialia, .
- Chua CK, Leong KF, Lim CS and Vu TT. (2010). Multimedia Courseware for Teaching of Rapid Prototyping Systems. Rapid Prototyping Journal, 16(2), 80-89.
- C K Chua, K F Leong and K H Tan.(2009). Specialized Fabrication Process: Rapid Prototyping. Biomaterials: Process, Characterization and ApplicationsSpringer Verlag.
- Chong Yih Tng, Chen Chun-Hsien, Leong Kah Fai. (2009). A Heuristic-based Approach to Conceptual Design. Research in Engineering Design, 20(2), 97-116.
- Chong, Y.T., Chen C.-H., Leong, K.F. (2009). Human-Centric Product Conceptualization Using a Design Space Framework. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 23(2), 149-156.
« Back to Category Write-up