|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Mir Feroskhan
Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
|Assistant Professor Mir Feroskhan graduated with First Class Honours in Aerospace Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in 2011. He received a Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering from Florida Institute of Technology in 2016, where he received an Outstanding Student of the Year Award from the Aerospace Department for his extensive work on the dynamics evaluation and control development for 3D aerial deceleration maneuvers. In 2017, he worked as a research fellow at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, NTU, researching on nonlinear control strategies for autonomous systems. Subsequently, in 2018, he continued his postdoctoral research by visiting Professor Dario Floreano’s Laboratory of Intelligent Systems in École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, concentrating on UAV research and development, and developing an expertise in unconventional flight dynamics and control for UAV applications. In 2019, he returned to Singapore to join the faculty of the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at NTU.|
|UAV design and development, Unconventional flight dynamics and control, and Aerial robotics.|
- Deep-Reinforcement Learning Control Strategy for Autonomous Sideslip Perching Maneuver
- Huang, Y., Zhu, M., Zheng, Z. and Feroskhan, M. (2019). Fixed-time Autonomous Shipboard Landing Control of a Helicopter with External Disturbances. Aerospace Science and Technology, , 1-13.
- Feroskhan, M., Go, T. H.,. (2018). Performance of Sideslip Perching Maneuver with an Adaptive Gain Control Feature. Aerospace Science and Technology, 78, 648-660.
- Z. Zheng, M. Feroskhan, L. Sun. (2018). Adaptive fixed-time trajectory tracking control of a stratospheric airship. ISA Transactions, 76, 134-144.
- M. Feroskhan, T.H. Go. (2018). Control Strategy of Sideslip Perching Maneuver under Dynamic Stall Influence. Aerospace Science and Technology, 72, 150-163.
- Z. Zheng, M. Feroskhan. (2017). Path following of a surface vessel with prescribed performance in the presence of input saturation and external disturbances. IEEE - ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 22(6).
« Back to Category Write-up