|Mr Ang Hock Eng is the academic focus coordinator for the Marine & Offshore Engineering final year specialization offered by the School of MAE at NTU. He is the course coordinator for both courses, Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering and Marine Engineering Systems & Control. He is also involved in teaching the Engineering Design course and the topic he covers includes electromechanical power transmission and hydrostatic power transmission. He has served as a Deputy Director of Maritime Research Centre, NTU from 2003 till 2007.|
Prior to joining NTU in 1986, he has worked for several years as a Shiprepair Manager in the Marine & Offshore Engineering industries in Singapore. He received advanced training in shiprepair technology and management for various types of vessels at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Shipyard, Nagasaki, Japan, in 1984. As part of the training programme, he was also attached to the other Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Shipyards at Kobe and Yokohama.
He has served as a Treasurer for The Institute of Marine Engineers, Singapore Branch, from 1989 till 1992, and also served as a Treasurer for The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Singapore Branch, from 1993 till 2002. His current professional memberships are, CEng, MIMechE, PEng(M), MIEM.
He has served as a member for both the Technical Committees in Equipment & Machinery Safety and General Safety, SPRINGS Singapore from 1993 till 2002. He received the Merit Award from Standards Council of Singapore under the auspices of SPRINGS Singapore in 2002. He has served as a member of Workplace Safety & Health (Metalworking & Manufacturing) Committee, WSH Council, from 2008 till 2011.
His area of research includes control of fluid power systems and fracture mechanics & failure analysis of engineering components using computational boundary element method.
- Yisi Liu, Zirui Lan, Jian Cui, Gopala Krishnan,. (2019). Psychophysiological Evaluation of Seafarers to Improve Training in Maritime Virtual Simulator. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 99(99), 1-14.
- Yisi Liu, Zirui Lan, Olga Sourina, Hui Ping Liew, Gopala Krishnan, Dimitrios Konovessis, Hock Eng Ang. (2018). Proc. of 2018 International Conference on Cyberworlds (CW): EEG-based Cadets Training and Performance Assessment System in Maritime Virtual Simulator. 2018 International Conference on Cyberworlds (CW) (pp. 214-220)IEEE.
- W. L. Lim, Y. Liu, S. H. Subramaniam, H. P. Liew, G. Krishnan, O. Sourina, D. Konovessis, H. E. Ang, L. P. Wang. (2018). EEG-based Mental Workload and Stress Monitoring of Crew Members in Maritime Virtual Simulator. Transactions on Computational Science, 10830, pp. 15-28.
- Y. Liu, O. Sourina, S.C. Harihara Subramaniam, D. Konovessis, Gopala Krishnan, H.E. Ang. (2017). Human Factors Evaluation in Maritime Virtual Simulators using Mobile EEG-based Neuroimaging. 2017 ISPE International Conference on Transdisciplinary Engineering.
- Ang H.E., Tan Choon Lai, Torrance JE. (1996). Boundary Element Analysis of Orthotropic delamination Specimen with Interface Cracks. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 54(5), 601-615.