|Prof. Michael Givskov is an internationally recognized in the fields of biofilm research, chemical biology and cellular communication. He holds a strong record in pursuing the Quorum Sensing (QS) signaling system as an antimicrobial target. He is an experienced research manager with previous engagement in the establishment of university spin-off companies (inventor of 23 patents / patent applications) and research centers. 11 years ago, Givskov was head-hunted to the prestigious position as the director of Center for Biofilm Engineering, Montana USA after Bill Costerton. Five years ago, Givskov was head-hunted to the position as research director of SCELSE, Singapore.
Total of peer reviewed publications 291: 224 articles, 30 review articles, 14 book chapters, 1 book (editor) and 23 patent applications/granted patents. Currently 2100 citations per year, sum of citations 20000 & H-index 78 (ISI web of Science).
- Haw-Young Kwon, Jun-Young Kim, Xiao Liu, Jung Yeol Lee, Joey Kuok Hoong Yam, Louise Dahl Hultqvist, Wang Xu, Morten Rybtke, Tim Tolker-Nielsen, Wooseok Heo, Jong-Jin Kim, Nam-Young Kang, Taiha Joo, Liang Yang, Sung-Jin Park, Michael Givskov, Young-Tae Chang. (2019). Visualizing biofilm by targeting eDNA with long wavelength probe CDr15. Biomaterials Science, 7(9), 3594-3598.
- Chew SC, Yam JKH, Matysik A, Seng ZJ, Klebensberger J, Givskov M, Doyle P, Rice SA, Yang L, Kjelleberg S. (2018). Matrix Polysaccharides and SiaD Diguanylate Cyclase Alter Community Structure and Competitiveness of Pseudomonas aeruginosa during Dual-Species Biofilm Development with Staphylococcus aureus. mBio, .
- Kwon, H.Y., Kim, J.Y., Lee, J.Y., Yam, J.K.H., Hultqvist, L.D., Xu, W., Rybtke, M., Tolker-Nielsen, T., Kim, J.J., Kang, N.Y. and Yang, L.,. (2018). CDy14: a novel biofilm probe targeting exopolysaccharide Psl. Chemical Communications, .
- Thet Tun Aung, Wei Hong Jeff Chor, Joey Kuok Hoong Yam, Michael Givskov, Liang Yang, Roger W. Beuerman. (2017). Discovery of novel antimycobacterial drug therapy in biofilm of pathogenic nontuberculous mycobacterial keratitis. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 15(4), 770-783.
- Jun Hou Tan, Celine Vidaillac, Joey Kuok Hoong Yam, Song Lin Chua, Michael Givskov and Liang Yang. (2017). In-vitro and in-vivo efficacy of LpxC inhibitor, CHIR-090, alone or combined with colistin against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, .