|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Marius Erdt
Adjunct Assistant Professor
|Dr Marius Erdt is Deputy Director of Fraunhofer Singapore/Fraunhofer IDM@NTU where he is also head of AI Image Analysis and Data Visualisation. He is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. From 2013 - 2017, he was Deputy Director and head of Visual and Medical Computing and from 2012 - 2013, he was head of Medical Computing at Fraunhofer IDM@NTU. From 2007 - 2012, he worked at the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research IGD in Germany in the Cognitive Computing and Medical Imaging department as a Post-Doc and Research Engineer, respectively. In 2007, he was a Research Associate at Siemens Medical Solutions as part of his studies. He received his PhD in Computer Science from the Technische Universität Darmstadt with summa cum laude and graduated with distinction from University of Koblenz-Landau with the German degree of Diplom-Informatiker (eq. MSc Computer Science). |
His research interests are in Medical Computing and Image Analysis, in particular, statistical shape modeling and artificial intelligence/machine learning based image analysis approaches, as well as Virtual and Augmented Reality. Dr Erdt has chaired/co-chaired several scientific symposia, workshops and conference tracks and is co-founder of the Clinical Image-based Procedures (CLIP) workshop held annually since 2012 and is active in various program and editorial committees of international conferences and journals. He has led various research projects in the field of Visual and Medical computing as Principle Investigator and has strong experience in managing R&D projects together with the industry to apply latest research results in real-world applications.
|Statistical Shape Modeling, Artificial Intelligence in Image Analysis, Computer Aided Diagnosis, Automated Segmentation and Registration of 2D and 3D data, Volume Rendering and Visualisation, Automated Image based Quality Control, Machine Learning for Visual and Medical Computing, Augmented and Virtual Reality|
- Fully Automated CityGML-compliant city model derivation on demand
- Virtual and augmented reality training systems for the elderly in Singapore
- Jingting Ma, Anqi Wang, Feng Lin, Stefan Wesarg, Marius Erdt. (2019). A novel robust kernel principal component analysis for nonlinear statistical shape modeling from erroneous data. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 77, 101638.
- Jingting Ma, Feng Lin, Stefan Wesarg, Marius Erdt. (2018). A Novel Bayesian Model Incorporating Deep Neural Network and Statistical Shape Model for Pancreas Segmentation. Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI).
- Ma, Jingting; Wang, Anqi; Lin, Feng; Wesarg, Stefan; Erdt, Marius. (2017). Nonlinear Statistical Shape Modeling for Ankle Bone Segmentation Using A Novel Kernelized Robust PCA. Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention 2017 (MICCAI).
« Back to Category Write-up