|Mariana Andrade’s research interests span four main areas: IT business value, embedded economy, competitive dynamics and data analytics. She is especially interested on exploring the granular mechanisms through which IT and other technologies influence firm performance and ultimately firm survival. Her research thrives to analyze overlooked and emergent phenomena that have relevant impact on corporations, such as technological innovation in emergent economies and interfirm linkages in hypercompetitive environments. Within these domains, she is currently involved in various multi-disciplinary projects that investigate the role of IS in business performance and innovation in both developed and developing world contexts.|
Her research has been published in Information Systems Research, Research Policy, the Academy of Management Proceedings and the Proceedings of the International Conference of Information Systems and presented in leading international conferences such as the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, International Conference of Information Systems, Americas Conference of Information Systems, and Strategic Management Society Conference. Her work has received several Best Paper Awards from premier international conferences. Moreover, she has received several awards and scholarships, including a fellowship from the National Science Foundation and the University of Illinois at Chicago, the Reaching Out Award from the HKSAR Government, and The University of Hong Kong postgraduate fellowship. Her research has also received founding from several institutions.
Mariana maintains strong links with both firms and governments. She has been invited to present her work in multinational corporations and government bodies across different countries.
- Saldanha, T., Sahaym, A., Mithas, S., Andrade Rojas, M.G., Kathuria, A., Lee, HH. (2019). IT-enabled Social Integration Capacity and Exploratory Innovation: The Role of Global Cultural Diversity and Global Geographical Dispersion. Information Systems Research, .
- Andrade Rojas, M.G., Ramirez Solis. E.R., Zhu, J.J. (2018). Innovation and network multiplexity: R&D and the concurrent effects of two collaboration networks in an emerging economy. Research Policy, 47(6), 1111-1124.
- Andrade Rojas, M.G., Li, Y., Zhu, J. (2018). Proceedings of the European Marketing Academy Annual Conference: Social Innovation in Emerging Economies: An Ecosystem Built on the Collaboration between Firms and Government-Sponsored Institutions (GSI), and Knowledge Sharing. European Marketing Academy Annual Conference (pp. 1)Glasgow, UK: European Marketing Academy Annual Conference.
- Andrade Rojas, M.G., Khuntia, J., Saldanha, T., Kathuria, A., Krishnan, M.S. (2016). Proceedings of the Thirty-Seventh International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS): Growth Oriented Digital Strategy and Long- Term Compensation of Chief Executives. International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) (pp. 1)Dublin, Ireland: International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS).
- Andrade Rojas, M.G., Saldanha, T., Khuntia, J., Kathuria, A. (2016). Academy of Management Annual (AOM) Meeting: How IT Orientation Affects Obstacles and Facilitators of Innovation in an Emerging Economy. Academy of Management Annual (AOM) Meeting (pp. 1)Anaheim, CA.: Academy of Management Annual (AOM) Meeting.