|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Marcos
Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Assistant Chair (Students)
|Marcos joined the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering on 1 June 2011 as an Assistant Professor. He graduated with BEng (First Class Hons) and MEng degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the Nanyang Technological University in 2003 and 2005, respectively. He then went for his doctoral studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and obtained his PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2011. His PhD study focused on the effects of fluid dynamics on swimming bacteria. |
|His research interests include small scale fluid dynamics, microfluidics, swimming in non-Newtonian fluids, and bio-locomotion.|
- A novel point of care device for the optimal management of nocturia
- A novel point of care device for the optimal management of nocturia (SGH)
- Analysis of elastic flagella and their effects on bacterial motility
- Flow field analysis of fans and their effects on ventilation in tunnels
- Nanyang Education Award (University) 2017
- Nanyang Education Awards 2016
- Portable Rapid On-board Bacteria Compliance Test for Ballast Water through Lab-on-Chip Dielectrophoretic Focusing and Detection
- Supervised learning to predict the motions of multiple particles
- Koh JBY, Shen X, Marcos. (2018). Supervised Learning to Predict Sperm Sorting by Magnetophoresis. Magnetochemistry, 4, 31.
- Tian Fook Kong, Xinhui Shen, Marcos and Chun Yang. (2017). Lab-on-chip microfluidic impedance measurement for laminar flow ratio sensing and differential conductivity difference detection. Applied Physics Letters, 110(23), 233501.
- Shen X, Marcos, Fu HC. (2017). Traction reveals mechanisms of wall effects for microswimmers near boundaries. Physical Review E (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics), 95, 003105.
- Quang D. Tran, Tian Fook Kong, Dinglong Hu, Marcos, Raymond H. W. Lam. (2016). Deterministic sequential isolation of floating cancer cells under continuous flow. Lab on a Chip, 16, 2813-2819.
- Koh JBY, Sen X, Marcos. (2016). Theoretical modeling in microscale locomotion. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 20, 1-27.
« Back to Category Write-up