|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Manojit Pramanik
Associate Professor, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Assistant Chair (Academic), School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE)
|Associate Professor Manojit Pramanik received his Ph.D. degree (2010) in Biomedical Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, USA under the tutelage of Dr. Lihong Wang. He joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in January 2014. He obtained his masters (M.Tech.) degree from Department of Instrumentation at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2004. He did his undergraduate (B.Tech) from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 2002. Prior to joining NTU he served as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India for one and half years. His industry experiences include two years at General Electric Global Research (GRC), Bangalore, India and one year at Philips Medical System, Bangalore, India. He is the recipient of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India Young Scientist Research Award 2013. His research interest include development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc. He has more than 200 international journal and conference publications and presentations. He serves as the Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Biomedical Optics, Photoacoustics.|
|Development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc.|
- Development of a wearable device to aid maturation of arteriovenous fistula (AVF) in end stage renal disease patients
- Improving microbubble-assisted sonothrombolysis efficiency and its real-time monitoring using combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Low-cost, portable, real-time pulsed laser diode photoacoustic tomography (PLD-PAT) system for brain tumor imaging, and monitoring of photothermal therapy in small animal model
- Point-of-care Diagnostics of Tuberculosis (TB) using Label-free Impedimetric Nucleic Acid Assay
- Sounding out Bacteria – Understanding the bioeffects of therapeutic ultrasound on medical biofilms
- Ultrasound-mediated implantation of Sirolimus-loaded particles into peripheral arteries to prevent restenosis post angioplasty
- Praveenbalaji Rajendran, Samiran Sahu, Rhonnie Austria Dienzo, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). In vivo detection of venous sinus distension due to intracranial hypotension in small animal using pulsed‐laser‐diode photoacoustic tomography. Journal of Biophotonics, 13(6), e201960162.
- Sandeep Kumar Kalva, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). Photoacoustic Tomography with High-Energy Pulsed Laser Diodes. SPIE Press.
- Arunima Sharma, Noreen Ishak, Teoh Swee-Hin, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). High resolution, label-free photoacoustic imaging of live chicken embryo developing in bioengineered eggshell. Journal of Biophotonics, 13(4), e201960108.
- Yuyan Jiang, Xuhui Zhao, Jiaguo Huang, Jingchao Li, Paul Kumar Upputuri, He Sun, Xiao Han, Manojit Pramanik, Yansong Miao, Hongwei Duan, Kanyi Pu & Ruiping Zhang. (2020). Transformable hybrid semiconducting polymer nanozyme for second near-infrared photothermal ferrotherapy. Nature Communications, 11, 1857.
- Paul Kumar Upputuri, Dhiman Das, Muneesh Maheshwari, Yang Yaowen, and Manojit Pramanik. (2020). Real-time monitoring of temperature using pulsed laser-diode-based photoacoustic system. Optics Letters, 45(3), 718-721.