|Academic Profile |
| || |
Asst Prof Manojit Pramanik
Assistant Professor, School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
Assistant Chair (Academic)
Phone: +65 67905835
Office: N1.3 B2 11
|Dr. Manojit Pramanik received his Ph.D. degree (2010) in Biomedical Engineering from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA under the tutelage of Dr. Lihong Wang. He joined the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering (SCBE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore as Assistant Professor in January 2014. He obtained his masters (M.Tech.) degree from Department of Instrumentation at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2004 and his undergraduate (B.Tech) from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 2002. Prior to joining NTU he served as Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India for one and half years. His industry experiences include two years at General Electric Global Research (GRC), Bangalore, India and one year at Philips Medical System, Bangalore, India. He is the recipient of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India Young Scientist Research Award 2013. His research interest include development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc. He has more than 100 international journal and conference publications and presentations.|
|Development of photoacoustic and thermoacoustic imaging systems, image reconstruction methods, clinical application areas such as breast cancer imaging, molecular imaging, contrast agent development, monte-carlo simulation for light transport in biological tissue etc.|
- Improving microbubble-assisted sonothrombolysis efficiency and its real-time monitoring using combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Low-cost, portable, real-time pulsed laser diode photoacoustic tomography (PLD-PAT) system for brain tumor imaging, and monitoring of photothermal therapy in small animal model
- Point-of-care Diagnostics of Tuberculosis (TB) using Label-free Impedimetric Nucleic Acid Assay
- Super resolution photoacoustic microscopy using photonic nanojet for biological imaging
- To develop novel hybrid photoacoustic imaging systems by combining both optical & ultrasound imaging, for various biomedical application areas, such as breast cancer imaging, angiogenesis imaging, tumor monitoring, molecular imaging
- Roya Paridar, Moein Mozaffarzadeh, Vijitha Periyasamy, Maryam Basij, Mohammad Mehrmohammadi, Manojit Pramanik, and Mahdi Orooji. (2019). Validation of delay-multiply-and-standard-deviation weighting factor for improved photoacoustic imaging of sentinel lymph node. Journal of Biophotonics, 12(6), e201800292.
- Sandeep Kumar Kalva, Paul Kumar Upputuri, Praveenbalaji Rajendran, Rhonnie Austria Dienzo, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). Pulsed laser diode based desktop photoacoustic tomography for monitoring wash-in and wash-out of dye in rat cortical vasculature. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 147, e59764.
- Vijitha Periyasamy, Nandan Das, Arunima Sharma, and Manojit Pramanik. (2019). 1064 nm acoustic resolution photoacoustic microscopy. Journal of Biophotonics, 12(5), e201800357.
- Zhimin Wang, Xu Zhen, Paul Kumar Upputuri, Yuyan Jiang, Junwei Lau, Manojit Pramanik, Kanyi Pu, Bengang Xing. (2019). Redox-Activatable and Acid-Enhanced Nanotheranostics for Second Near-Infrared Photoacoustic Tomography and Combined Photothermal Tumor Therapy. ACS Nano, 13(5), 5816-5825.
- Navchetan Awasthi, K. Ram Prabhakar, Sandeep Kumar Kalva, Manojit Pramanik, R. Venkatesh Babu, and Phaneendra K. Yalavarthy. (2019). PA-Fuse: deep supervised approach for the fusion of photoacoustic images with distinct reconstruction characteristics. Biomedical Optics Express, 10(5), 227-2243.